Calculator?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilyPatchFarm

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a reliable online genetics calculator for predicting coat color? Or is there a good book to pick up that explains the different color genes and their locations? I've found a lot of sites explaining you should breed these groups together, and these groups together, and never mix these groups etc, but I'm looking for something that actually goes into the genetic dominance/combination of certain colors and traits.... if that at all makes sense :eek:

The only thing I know is on the evans software. It is able to predict percentage of coat color possibilities. But that costs money. . .

There is a forum that has some genetic gurus! If you are interested in joining I can give you the name via PM. They know more genetics than you would ever care to know lol. They could answer any question you had. Or I could post it up for you and give you the answer.

Im not sure if anyone here would be able to help. Dont mean to offend anyone that can! I sure wish I could.

Julie I love your article!! I wish I had found it before.

I also secretly despise the C series. It ends up confusing me but your article made it understandable

Wow, I know nothing about breeding but that article is so interesting. I´ve saved it to read again, rabbits are indeed amazing.

Back