Calcium levels

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

italia24786

Reaction score
how do you lower the calcium level for bun's?

i see that you can flush out their bladders, but i dont have the money for that. Is their a cheaper way??

Felicia

italia24786 wrote:
what do you mean what kind of pellets am i feeding him?

Are you feeding Timothy pellets,or alfalfa pellets?,alfalfa pellets are more for young growing bunnies up to the age of about 6 months of age,but they can have a bit to much calcium for an older bunny if given to much

Also pellets that have little coloured bits and different seeds in itare bad

cheryl

What exactly is the problem you're having? If it's just cloudy urine, that's normal.If it's really thick sludge and it happens a lot, then it's a problem. If your bun is having trouble urinating because of it, she needs veterinary attention.

If you tell us what brand of pellets you are feeding and what kind of hay you're giving her, we can give you some advice on what to change. Also it's a good idea to get more water into your rabbit because it will help flush calcium out better. If you're using a water bottle, give her a water bowl. Many rabbits drink more from bowls than bottles because it's easier. Feeding veggies also helps get more fluids into them.

Latest posts

Back