Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattiemattiesrattery

Reaction score
Ok so I have decided on the cages I want, but I can't choose from the three types...
(I'm also gonna kinda keep using my NIC panels, but still.)

The breeds of Buns I have are Flemish Giants, Dwarf Mixes *pet only for the mixie*, Velveteen Lops, and Dutches.

The First Cage is:
Deluxe Rabbit Cage - Luxury (D-240)
  • 36" x 30" x 18"
  • 2½" deep plastic pan
  • Tray slides
  • Leg sets
  • Urine guards

d-240.jpg

It looks big when measured out, and looks like I will have an easy time cleaning, and Kits wouldn't be able to escape. I don't like that it doesn't have a shelf *which I guess I could add one*
The other one is 24 x 18 (no height idea)
Slide out Metal pan (which I would switch to plastic because it wouldn't rust)
Feeder and urine guards and a few other things. (sorry this doesn't look as neat the site didn't have it well laid out >_<;)
cover2.jpg

So which would you choose?
My buns are out most the time anyway, but I would like to have some nice cages for them to be in, because I can't have adopters over with bunnies on the loose (hard to make sure they don't leave the house when adopters in and out) and my poor dog needs a break. I have breeding buns (except the dwarf Mix) so that is also something to consider in the help of choosing a cage.
And where as I like them all, I wold prefer to just order in bulk a few of one type of cage ya know?
(that and I try to have mostly matching cages lol)

Thanks ^_^

I knew I was forgetting one >_<
Large Economy Rabbit Cage (EP-120)
  • 36" x 24" x 14"
  • 2 ½" deep plastic slide-out pan (not pictured with plastic pan)
    e-120.jpg
I am thinking though that for a kindling cage I should have this:
Medium Economy Rabbit Cage (EP-110)
  • 24x24x14
  • 2 ½" deep plastic slide-out pan (not pictured with plastic pan)
  • e-110.jpg

I like the first one more room to streach out :)

Tessie wrote:
I like the first one more room to streach out :)
that's one of the things I look for ^_^
I like them to be comfy and stretch and have a lil hop around room. With my rats I tell my adopters you can never have a cage that is too big, only too small.

For the Flemish, you'll want very sturdy floor wire, and you should put in a solid bottom.

yeah I hate solid bottomed floored caged for rabbits (which is what they are all on now) but I figured with the cages I am looking at (I know the martin's at least) are VERY Sturdy, I have used Martin's cages for years. And even though most Flemish should be on solid floor I still want Wire, but I will have 3/4 of the cage covered with something.

Latest posts

Back