Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matsuro

Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought a mult-unit cage beforeto house multiple rabbits before? I was on this site, this breeder inCanada has a program where she will sale three rabbits outside of theUS. So it got me to thinking on what breeders do when they havemultiple rabbits at once, and say they live in apartments or condos. Isa mult-unit okay? Like those used in shelters? Here's a picture of one.

From PetEdge:http://www.petedge.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2257&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=408&iSubCat=441&iSubSubCat=444&iProductID=2257

This is for the future, I really like the mini rex and the Thrianta, asI search more and more on the different breeds. I may join the ARBA,since its 3years-$40.00, which is cheaper than most dog clubs I havelooked into!

Also, I'm re-thinking the dog thing. I know you said dogs and rabbitsget along, but I may wait to get a dog, than I originally planned. Ithink I rather wait and see where my future leads me, compared to adog, I think a rabbit would be easier to deal with and for me (sizewise) more cost effective.

At first, I wanted to show Labs, but I don't think I would have theactual time or space for a dog, so I think its best to wait until Iwill have more room, in a actual condo or house/townhome. Reason is thecondo I will be moving into or have plans on moving into were actuallyapartments. So they are on the small size.

I just hope I don't double re-think the issue again and decide to go along with the dog, lol.

I made my own "stacker" cages.

My guys are on the top, and the fosters go on the bottom.

I made two NIC condos and then a wood stand made of 2"x4".

I love it! It may be a bit big for a smaller apartment as thebunnies now take over half the living room, but you can do the samething with smaller ones too.

--Dawn

Where do I get the supplies for a NIC condo? I tried looking it up on the walmart website, but nothing like it came up.

What about wire? Could I bend and shape wire into cages or something?

Those multi-units are so expensive.

Thanks JadeIcing! Looking it up now.

ETA: I think I will buy them at Target, but if its not supplied in my area, I will order it.

I plan on getting the black, purple, and pink ones. Which will cost me$60 (56"). At walmart I want to get the 5-section honey comb storagecubes, and I will get two of those for $40. I really like them, I thinkI could have two seperate levels, and use the honey combs as doors. Ithink its a project for me, my sister and her husband. Plus my mother'sbf use to fix stuff like this (furniture) for a living before gettinginto cable.

JadeIcing wrote:

Any time! I just had help finding them myself. I built the cages recently. Now i have to build one for my moms rabbit! :shock:

When I move I planned on having it in the livingroom, in front of the patio. Is that dangerous, like because of stormsand the heat? Because I think it would be the only place big enough forit.

The place will be a one bedroom one bathroom apartment/condo.

I don't want them getting scared during a storm, or struck doing astorm. Maybe a corner in the living room would be better? Where I live(with my mother and her bf), the tv and computer are sitting in thisone corner, if I could have something like that in my new place I couldput them there.

Latest posts

Back