cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a good website that has some decently priced cages. anyone have any suggestions?

i really liked the ones at this website:http://www.leithpetwerks.com/indexpage.cfm?category=1

but they were a bit pricey. i'm looking for at least a two story, butsince i am limited on space i think i'd like something that was moretall than wide.

thanks for your help :) i love this site it has given me so muchinformation on rabbits that when i go to adopt in may i will becompletely ready!

if you want a cheap/big cage i suggest NIC cubes. it's totaly worth it and wish i would have known before i bought my first cage

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=19231&forum_id=1&highlight=NIC+cubes

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=15348&forum_id=21&highlight=NIC+cubes

those links have a lot of pictures of the cages, and how to do it.

100_0198.jpg

he wanted out haha... i even had enough left over to make shelves out of it.

100_0204.jpg

Those cages are the best! So inexpensive, big, cheap, and easily configured to fit in the space you have.

NIC ROCKS! Really does. I just sit there and watch my bunnies with it. They love it.

I would suggest building your own NIC condo foryour rabbit for a fraction of the cost of those other cages.I too have limited space in my house, and really wanted a cage withmulitple levels for him to move around in. I ended upbuilding a 24"wide by 42" length by 56" height with steps, and a rampleading to an upper level with enough head room for him to stand up andstretch. Make sure you take into account the size of yourrabbit since I was fooled into thinking cages looked bigger than theyreally were because it was pictured with a baby or smallrabbit. I have an adult mini rex weighing in at about 9 lbsso I needed a pretty big cage for him. I was looking at thegalvanized mesh cages before the folks on this forum convinced me tobuild my own NIC cage and I'm SO glad I did. You may have toinvest a little time in the construction, but they end up looking niceand are pretty sturdy, and VERY cost effective.

no problem! it also doesn't take much time, andi thought it was fun to make. I had my brother help me and we got itdone with in hours, and my rabbit is sooo happy! i think the onlyproblem NIC cages is what to put on the bottom of them. but many peoplehave good ideas on what to use, i just went with an upside down rug,ontop of a thick plastic. (the kind of plasit you put an office rollingchair on)

Yepi built my NIC cage today andtotally agree: well worth it!! my rabbit loves it! if you want pics ofmine go to the thread in this forum that says My New NIC Cage. Btw iwould never buy the cages you are thinking of, they look nice but theyare SO OVER-PRICED!! and if your rabbit pees on that black covering, itwill be tough to reach in and clean.

Back