Cage Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
I am looking at adding NIC to my rabbits cage that is 30(L)x16(w)x14(h)and wondering since I am just adding to the cage with a few alterations to his current cage what the best bottom would be to use. He is not litter box trained even though we have tried but is cage trained to the point he wont go anywhere but inside his cage. I want to add to his current cage in hopes of keeping that habbit but giving him more space while we are not home. There is a wire bottom on the cage now that when we took it out and added a litter box he refused to use it even with all the tricks to train him. He has free roam all day while we are home and then caged at night or if we leave since he does like to chew wires and works at getting around the barricade. He does come out and lay on the carpet through out the day so hes not on the wires at all times but wont use any kind of item used to cover the wire either. I put in a blanket, wood and cardboard at different times and he just moves everything away from it and wont touch that area that is covered. I just want him to have more space to roam and get off the wire while we are not home but do not want to just let him on the carpet in case he stops using his cage for the bathroom. The NIC area will have a litter box too just to see if he'll use it.

Is your rabbit neutered? If not, that's the problem. Mine litter trained within a couple weeks after getting spayed. I've been researching NIC cages as well and a lot of people use chloroplast for flooring. I've also seen plywood with tiles glued over it.

He is neutered from what I was told by the previous owner when I contacted her to find out his age and if he had been. He is not even a year old is all the owner could tell me and that he was neutered already.

I haven't gotten the cubes yet since we are still hunting for them and will probably just have to order them online. Right now his cage is 30x16x14 which is what he came in but has free roam as long as someone is home to watch him.

Back