Cage Layout

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heheh prizm! :)

I changed Marvin's cage layout. in fact, I just remove the woodshavings and replaced it with a carpet... I dunno if it will make itall easier to maintain or not... we'll see.

Here's some pics:

Img_1663.jpg

Img_1659.jpg

The poop you can see on the rug is the poop he did in a matter of 30minutes. I guess he did that cause it's new and he wanted toappropriate it all to himself...

Well, this cage layout seems to have obtained the favor of Mr. Marvin!

He now uses almost exclusively his litterbox for pees and poops... what a good boy!

Although, the rug doesn't look like the pictures, now... he startedchewing on it... I don't know in how many weeks I'll have to replaceit... Do you know if it is "ok" for the bunny to chew on the rug? is itbad for him?

thanks

The carpet can be very dangerous if he'sswallowing it. I would take it out if I were you.Fabric does not digest easily and it could cause a blockage.

Laura

pasmiles wrote:
Hi,

I see a lot you bunny parents keep there cage up high on something. is it better not to keep the cage on the floor

thanks

It doesn't really matter. I keep the cage on the floor so that, a) theycan jump in and out as they like, and b) I don't have to risk gettingscratched, or dropping them, or stressing them out by having to liftthem into the cage.

Personaly, I leave it on the floor, 1st, cause Ihave nowhere else to place the cage... I live in an appartment, butalso, I juste lift the cage top and it allows the bunny to go hoparound AND come back whenever it pleases. That can make it easier toput it back in his cage at the end of the day... (although I'm stillworking on that part with Marvin!).

Latest posts

Back