Cage Ideas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunbuns

Reaction score
since im getting a bunny soon, please post some of your cages or cage ideas! i just want to make sure im getting everything right and nothing is missing 😊

Our furry family and sanctuary buns have quadrants, exercise pens, or an XLG d/k crate as private bedroom spaces. Multiple hop levels or a sit/nap shelf and a large litter pan to accomodate their size and hay is beneficial. Add the toys, water bowl, and lounging area to stretch out.

A private bedroom space or housing unit helps to keep chewers from chewing woodwork, indigestible material, and valuable material goods when you are not home to supervise.

Our housing units and private bedroom spaces have improved since 2003. Yet this may give you some ideas? I will add that our elder girl caught her leg on a rail causing a fx'd femur so you want to look for trouble spots when fragile bones could get trapped and fracture.

The buns formerly in the d/k crates all graduated to exercise pens! Pics include early days of rescue and pre sp/euter appointments. i.e., tortoise-shell dutchie Potter in his black d/k crate. Agoutis Momma (stray, pregnant bun transitioning from shelter) and Papa (4 y.o. adopted from shelter) did not stay in those small crates for very long either.

To start with litter training in a new home, there is lots of helpful advice on this forum and additional House Rabbit or I-Am-Part-of-My-Family forums.

http://www.linedgroundsquirrels.com/HousingIdeas.html

Back