cage grate getting dirty

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovepets

Reaction score
Snickers 'pee corner' is getting dirty. there is light build up of dry pee and fur. i have tried to scrub it but it wont all come off. it there a cleaning solution i can use?

thanks

Try white vinegar. You can use it strait or dilute with water. You can let it soak on the area for about 5-10 minutes, then scrub it a bit. If it is really bad, it may take a few times to get it all off.
I do use vinegar for regular cleaning and it makes it much easier. In the litter boxes, I scrub with soap and water, then use some vinegar to get the pee strains off. In the cages, I spray them with a vinegar and water mix and wipe up with paper towel.

I use a steril plastic container from national dollar for my bun. When the buildup gets terribly bad, I throw it away.

At $1.25 each, it costs me about $5 per year for me not to scrub with my fingernails at her caked on poo
:biggrin:

i just want to thank every one. i just cleaned her tray with had a big yellow spot on it that i could not get off. so i soaked it with vinegar for a few hours and it is completely gone!! :)

thanks

Back