Cage Flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
So this is my first bunny though ive had lots of other pets. I never knew bunnies had such personality's! I've had Bunster for about a year and a half. I cant figure out what to use for the bottom of her cage though. Ive tried cardboard and blankets but she will poop outside her litter box sometimes so it gets really messy and i want something that is easier to clean. Also she chews (A LOT) so everything gets ripped up no matter how many chew toys i giver her. So i need a reusable, inexpensive (preferably), and durable cage bottom. How do you keep everything from getting chewed to nothing? Hope y'all can help! Thanks in advance!

I use foam for Otis' cage bottom - you know the foam puzzle pieces they use in kids play areas? I cut it to fit tight to his cage and then wrap it tightly in two fleece blankets to deter him from chewing them and pulling them out. Be mindful though, you need to watch how she interacts with it if she is a chewer as ingesting foam can be fatal. I turned to foam because Otis developed sore hocks, initially I didn't have anything covering his cage bottom.

Thanks so much! What if she would chew the blankets though? Is there anything else that i would be able to rap it in?

Latest posts

Back