Cage Chewing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StormyB

Reaction score
Honey chews on the bars of her cage! She's in one of those giant dog crate thingies, and she's got plenty of stuff to chew, but she chews on her cage bars! It makes a vibrating/scraping sound, and I'm worried she's going to end up breaking a tooth or something. She's got sticks to chew, she picked out the stick she ended up stealing from my other rabbit, so its not like she doesn't like the sticks. She chose them herself! How do I get her to stop trying to chew her cage?

Maybe try to attach some sticks to the bars of the cage so she can pull and push at them and has resistance.

Okay, so I tried that, sticking sticks and chewies through the bars, so Honey can chew on those instead of the cage and NOPE. She's still insisting on chewing her cage bars.

Snooki does that too, primarily when one of us walks into the room and she wants OUT! NOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! Otherwise she doesn't bother, but I'm noticing that the covering of the wire is coming off where she grabs it and rattles the door, which worries me.

Latest posts

Back