C&C Mansion! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskerz

Reaction score
I decided to add on to my cage... :) Now its a Mansion! Plus..Since Im going to have 2 bunnies, they will need the extra room! (4ft long x 2ft wide)

Whole Cage
CCmansion2-1.jpg

CCmansion3-1.jpg

CCmansion10-1.jpg

The different levels..
CCmansion6-1.jpg

CCmansion5-1.jpg

CCmansion7-1.jpg

CCmansion4-1.jpg

CCmansion8-1.jpg

CCmansion9-2.jpg

So, what do you think? :biggrin:

Oooh, fancy. I wish I could make cool cages, I just have my tippy cage out back.

But, one question, why the tiles? I always thought that was far too slick for rabbits and would cause them to get splay legs. I don't even let my rabbits play on the wood floor anymore since I noticed one was starting to get splay legs.

snap wrote:
Oooh, fancy. I wish I could make cool cages, I just have my tippy cage out back.

But, one question, why the tiles? I always thought that was far too slick for rabbits and would cause them to get splay legs. I don't even let my rabbits play on the wood floor anymore since I noticed one was starting to get splay legs.
What is splay legs?

And because its clean and easy to clean..they dont seam to mind it.

Whiskerz wrote:
snap wrote:

What is splay legs?

And because its clean and easy to clean..they dont seam to mind it.

Splay legs caused by environmental factors((as opposed to genetic)) is developed from the rabbit living on slippery surfaces. They have no traction and can't keep their feet where they need to be and the constant strain causes them to splay out. Rabbits don't have paw pads to give them traction on slick surfaces, much like you don't have traction on slick surfaces when wearing socks.

And they might not seem to mind it, but that doesn't mean it isn't hurting them. Harper used to binky back and forth across the wood floor but he slid and eventually started to splay.

I don't think that's going to be an issue in a cage as a bun isn't going to get up full speed. My bun lives on kitchen tile and has no issue moving. It's only when they start doing mad dashes and binkies they need the extra grip :D

The ladder is very close to the opening to the left side so they climb up thr ladder and jump from the ladder onto the left side and from there up onto a step which you can see in the pics and onto the top floor! :)

Back