C&C cage levels - what type of wood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelle00

Reaction score
What type of wood would be best to use? If I get the plywood what thickness is recommended for a mini fuzzy lop size bun?

Would I be able to use MDF and glue Vinyl or laminate on it? (similar to a desk top) This option is cheaper over here...but don't know if its safe? I've heard stuff about the dust being toxic so bunnies chewing on it might make it unsafe....

You'd need to wrap it on all sides with vinyl and then silicone any seams if you wanted to use it. Or have a rabbit who never pees anywhere but its litter box or spills water. Cleaning would be a challenge, too, as you really can't get the MDF wet. It's basically sawdust and glue. Plywood is by and far the better choice.

Hope that helps.

Rue

You'd need to wrap it on all sides with vinyl and then silicone any seams if you wanted to use it. Or have a rabbit who never pees anywhere but its litter box or spills water. Cleaning would be a challenge, too, as you really can't get the MDF wet. It's basically sawdust and glue. Plywood is by and far the better choice.

Hope that helps.

Rue

Yes Thank you ...I think I've managed to find someone who sells plywood cheap. :)

Hope that helps.

Rue

That's what I'm gonna do next time... buy a rabbit that never pees outside the litterbox and never spills water. That's the best plan I've ever heard.

My just-shy-of-9-pound rabbit has been happily existing on the cheapest plywood they had at homedepot for a couple years now LOL. I don't know what thickness it is. I don't think it's 1/2" though, I think it's thinner than that.

Latest posts

Back