bye bye bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Em

Reaction score
very sad news my mother went for an allergy test at the doctors last week and we got the results through today.

not good news!!!! it turns out she is strongly allergic to rabbits and i have to put austin up for rehoming!

after crying for 2hours straight i called all the bunny lovin friends ihave and have found a new home for my baby but i am very heartbroken.

my friend is comingto pick him up tomorrow and i have justsat a cuddled him for the last hour. the most upsetting thing is thatmy friend lives a long way from me so i wont be able to visit him veryoften but she promesed to send me photos of him in his new home.

she has two other rabbits that he will be living with so he will be a happy boy but i cant help felling that someone has died.

as soon as i get pics of austin in his new home i will post them for you all to see.

Em x

Oh that is very sad news:?, I am sorry for youlosing your rabbit. However at least your bunny is going to a good homeand also one where you know he'll be well looked after and that you'llhear how he's getting on. It sounds like it will be hard to bear, buttry to think about how he'll make new bunny friends with your friendsrabbits.

Take care...ND

So sorry for you Em. Austinis only 6 months old, and you only had him for 3 months. Hewas so cute with the big feet. At least you will be able tostay in contact with him.

It's nice for your bunny friends to take him in. Hope yourmomgets better. Health comes first.

Rainbows! :)

Oh wow - I can't even imagine the pain you must be feeling right now. That has got to hurt.

If folks say something to you like, "It's just a bunny..." - tell them"He was more than a bunny...he was a companion."

My mom lost her cat after having him for 18 years or so - and peoplecouldn't understand why she grieved almost more over that cat than shedid when she lost her own mother...but she'd lived alone all that timeand that cat was her "companion" during many rough times.

I feel like that Vulcan saying, "I grieve with thee." (at least I think its Vulcan from Star Trek)

Peg

Oh Em, I am sorry sorry for you, I had tears well up in my eyes as Iread your post, I hope that you can get to see your bunny from time totime, sounds as though you have a great friend who is willing to loveand care for your bun, wishing your mum better health

oh Em, how awful, you poor dear. I am sosorry. I am so glad your freind is taking him and you will still beable to visit sometimes and you'll have pictures. I know it's not thesame but I think it will help. I am so sorry Hun.

Tina

Oh Em, what a terrible shame - I know how muchyou love Austin. At least you know where he is going, and will be welllooked after and loved, and will be able to keep in touch with how heis doing. Sending you hugs- Jan

I'm so sorry, Em. My heart goes out to you.

-Carolyn

thank you all for your kind words he went offthis morning and it was so horrible i didnt want ot let him go but mymothers heath is more important it breaks my heart to say it but itstrue it was a hard choice to make but there wasnt really much to thinkabout.

my friend says she might breed with him and if she does she will sendme pics of the first litter so i will post pics as i get them so youcan all see how hes getting on.

does anyone know how rabbits cope with a bigchange like thati mean will it have stressed him out alot?i hope he likes his new homeand he doesnt feel toolost tonight. he must think i dont lovehim anymore! i have to stop thinking like that or ill startcrying again!

thanks again for your support Em x

Latest posts

Back