Buying supplies online

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meg&Eeyore

Reaction score
Hi there! I live in Ontario, Canada and I'm looking for a place to buy rabbit supplies online. Mostly hay but also looking for toys, "furniture", etc (no cages though). I looked at BinkyBunny.com but the shipping was $24.00 for only one item (a tiny bale of hay)! Is this normal? I've only ever bought from Chapters online and the shipping was free :DI'm hoping if I find somewhere that is based in Canada and not the states than shipping may be cheaper.

If there is already a topic on this please let me know...did a quick search and I didn't find any. Thanks!

hey! not sure where kenora is but i sell large sacks with 5 + pounds of hay for $8 a sack right now until january 3rd, then is $10 a sack, its timothy hay and much cheaper then pet stores, and online. i also sell timothy bales for $15, i would be willing to work out something with you (possible delivery, or meet half way, or if you can make it here, i am in peterborough ontario. search on facebook ~Bales4Bunnies~ for more info, or contact me [email protected]

ok, my fiance told me kenora is by orillia, then i looked it up and realised how far away you are from peterborough! sorry for replying! i doubt i could work out a shipping deal since the bags and the hay are so big and heavy, only thing i could do is a very large bulk deal to make it kind of worth your while for the trip. sorry! :(

Thanks for replying! Unfortunatly I am located In North-Western Ontario, the opposite side of the province from Peterborough it looks like :( Thanks for the offer though! I appreciate it. That is a really good deal you have going there!

Edit: Just saw your post now! oops.

Hi

why not look in kijiji in your area for farmers selling first cut hay by the bales

first cut is timithy mainly second cut is higher in alfalfa (hope i got that right):?

We pretty much get everything online. Living in the middle of the Mojave Desert means there aren't too many hay growers here. I use Amazon as my search resource and buy hay from Fosters and Smith--free shipping helps. Other things from other vendors too, depending on price and shipping costs.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE place to order is from my local breeder/supply. I will never order form anywhere else. She is very personable and she has the BEST ALWAYS FEASH mini hay bales in different varietys. She has GREAT feed, toys, cages, meds, bunnies. She does it all. She is also very good at giving advice and answering any and all questions.

http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/

She ships

For hay, see if there are any farmers near you who would be willing to sell you a couple bales. You should pick them up and even offer to pay a couple dollars more of needed (this is still a ton cheaper than pet store hay). Also look at horse boarding places and stables as they tend to have good hay.

Try http://montrealcritters.com/ They have a flat shipping rate of $10 for anywhere is Canada.

I agree with Kate for Montrealcritters. They have decent delivery (I bought a large order to make up the $10 shipping) I also bought a 50lb box of timothy hay from them - it's about $100 including shipping - it,s a lot but I couldn't get any local farmers to call me back for the hay...

Latest posts

Back