Buying Rabbit Food in Bulk?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was considering Big Red. Our Agway carries it, but the PetGoods that carries the Purina is much closer in distance. With the price of gas and all.....

Exactly. With the price of gas these days, you end up paying MORE for feed that you drive further to obtain :XDarn oil companies, lol! :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that I went to the feed store to have a look at the 50 lb. bag of Purina, and it's HUUUUUUGGGGEEE! Way larger than I expected. Wow.

Jess_sully wrote:
Wow, I really hate living so far up north.

You're not so far up as the UP (upper peninsula)are you??

We used to own a vacation house on Pickeral Lake in Petosky :D

Believe it or not, I'm an hour NORTH of Petoskey :) I'm on the very "edge" of what is considered the UP. But the good news is that I'm moving down south (Grand Rapids) next summer for college, yes! And, don't worry, I'll be staying in a pet friendly apartment, and the furkids will come with me.

I looked up Mazuri because I'm looking for a suitable alfalfa based pellet for Spice but all I ever find is 2.5 lb bags. Is that the only size it comes in?!

Before we made our own rat food, we bought Mazuri Rat and Mouse Diet in 5 lb. bags, so I'm assuming that they have to have it in larger bags for rabbits, too? Good luck on finding a good pellet, I'm having the same problem!

http://www.mazuri.com/Home.asp?Products=2&Opening=2

Hmmm. Looks like they only carry 2.5 lb bags. I could've SWORE we bought it for rats in 5 lb. bags... but then again, that was almost three years ago, so maybe they changed it, or I'm just losing my mind :D

Latest posts

Back