Buttons having problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greybunny2013

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I wrote before about my 8 yr. old bunny after she had her front leg amputated due to cancer. That was in Oct. she still has not been able to walk and is disabled. She does have a balance problem. When I got her as a baby she had a neurological problem where she moves her head back and forth slowly every hour or so. Only lasts about 10 seconds then she is fine until the next episode. About 2 wks ago she started having eye movement horizontally. The vet prescribed Meclizine 12.5 mg, 1 every 24 hrs. It helps but doesn't take it away completely. She is also taking Metoclopramide 0.8ml every 6-8 hrs for appetite, and Buprenorphine 0.4ml every 12 hrs for pain. I have been thinking about getting her a little cart to increase her mobility hoping it will help her walk again and help her balance problem. Yesterday she stopped eating and drinking so I talked to my vet about it today. Her poop is very tiny and scarce. Not much urine output. I am worried about GI Septis sp?. Started treatment for that. Simethicone, pedialyte, Petromalt, pineapple juice, forced feedings with pumpkin and Critical Care. Offering veggies and hay. She is already on Buprenorphine for pain and Metoclopramide for appetite but should help GI problem too. Any comments would be appreciated. I am not sure this is GI Septis but treating anyway. Thank you in advance for any help!

i'm sorry I don't have an answer :( but you sound like an amazing bunny parent. I hope you find the answer!

How is your bun doing? Has the GI stasis cleared up? You seemed to be giving all of the needed medication for stasis, so hopefully it cleared up ok. It's possible it's related to health problems that might be causing the eye movement, or even possibly the pain medication could be causing a GI slowdown.

Horizontal eye movement can be an indication of an ear infection or sometimes the parasite e. cuniculi. Has your vet checked for these things? If one or both of these is affecting your rabbit, antibiotics, an anti inflammatory, and the antiparasitic fenbendazole, may also be needed.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/Otit/otitis.htm
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/cuniculi/pyrimethamine.htm

Latest posts

Back