Butterscotch seems to be going into stasis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greta

Reaction score
He was fine yesterday, but when I got up thismorning, he was hunched up in the corner of his hutch and didn't comeover to say good morning. not saying hello is extremelyrareunder normal circumstances. He felt gassy and wasgrinding his teeth a little, so out came the canned pumpkin. I was ableto get a little over a teaspoon into him eventually, and my mom isgoing to pick up some simethicone at the store. Unfortunately, Icouldn't skip classes today because of the presence of a ratherimportant exam.

Is there anything else I should do/give him? heating pad,maybe? I have him in a carrier with some hay, a dish of pumpkin and hiswater bottle. I am one worried bunny mommy right now...

How are his poops?

Simethicone, lots of hydration --maybe some Pedialyte -- exercise, looong tummy massages.

Hope he bounces back quickly!

sas :pray:

Yep, I was just going to say, I looked up athread in the Health section under Stasis and you may want to syringesome water every half hour or so. You can also add somepineapple juice, pedialyte or apple juice to the water to entice him todrink more. You could also try baby food if you have anylying around:shock:.

Hope he recovers soon.:pray:

I haven't seen a poop yet today, I'm afraid.I've been syringing the pumpkin since he refuses to eat it from afinger, so maybe I'll put some pedialyte in the mix. I'll try to postan update this evening from home if my glacier of an internetconnection is being cooperative.

Try to get him to eat more hay if you can. Maybeput it in a paper towel roll or something to make it fun. Sometimes ifyou hold a strand in front of them they will grab it. You might evenwant to make a pellet slurry just to get some food down him in additionto the pumpkin (or mix the two together).

Come on Butterscotch, get well soon!

Houston, we have a binky! albeit a small one,but, a binky! He also ate a little pumpkin voluntarily, and thesimethicone seems to have helped alot. Right now, he's out on the backdeck hopping around a bit. No poops yet that I've seen, butI'm looking for 'em!
:yes:

Ditto. :bunnydance:COME ON POOP!:bunnydance:

The simethicone really is a miracleworker. Keep him excercising and give him some cuddles andtummy rubs if he's still a bit gassy. The tummy rubs alwaysdoes it for Misty.

Latest posts

Back