Butter's An Inside Bun!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterfinger

Reaction score
Well, I'm moved down to Portland, Oregon, and everyone's all settling in. (Everyone being me, Butter, and my hamster)
But Butter's inside now! :biggrin2:

I made him a sort of improv NIC cage.... It's more of a high pen, actually.
It's two panels high and sixteen long, with no roof. Underneath is a plastic mat that we bought from JoAnne's Fabrics (It was in the upolstery section... a long, thick, flexible plastic sheet that we had cut to about six feet long ) I have a large dog mat type thing on the floor inside it, along with his mini version of it. He also has a small bed, his hay bin, a plastic/rubber mat to prevent his litter box from skidding, and the litter box on that. (And his food bowel and water bottle are there too, of course)
Here's some pictures I took today, but I have somewhat poor lighting, and he's in a corner that the light from the window does not shine on.

ButtersCage.jpg

ButtersCage2.jpg

ButtersCage3.jpg

Resting.jpg

Restingagain.jpg

And here's one of my awesome new dishes! Aren't they amazing? :biggrin2:

Dishes.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys~! I'm so glad he's all settled in now. And I'm so proud of him for housebreaking himself. (All I really did was give him the litterbox whenever he came inside; he figured it out by himself. I still keep a little of the old litter in there to remind him, though )

~Diana and Butter

Great setup, I bet Butter is thrilled to be inside with you. I'm curious will he not jump over the panels? Our Jackie can jump 2 panels easy.

Love the new dishes.

Susan:running bunny

Hm.... I dunno. He hasn't really shown any interest in jumping them. I even took out one of the top panels (The one to the right of the one above his water bottle) as a kind of door so I could get in there and he could jump out if he wanted to, but he doesn't even want to jump that! :D Silly bunny

Hi and congratulations on the move and getting your adorable Butter inside. I'm sure you two will be very happy and have lots of fun livingtogether!

The setup looks great, and I love the comfy beds you placed in there! The one picture gave me a chuckle -- where Butter looks like he's spilling out of the corner litterbox.:D

I don't know about the jumping out issue. My buns always had open topped pens and never tried to jump out. Guess it depends on the bun. Anyway, best of luck in your new place!

:thumbup

-Beth

I love your new setup and congrats on moving and now having him inside, that's great! How many panels high is it, 3 is what it looks like, but I can't quite tell. I wouldn't think he'd jump over 3, but then again...:?Crazy buns may find a way;).

Love the new dishes too!

Congrats on the move Diana! Glad it went smoothly. :)

You must be so excited that Butter is inside now, I was when Maddie became an indoor bunny. :DButter certainly seems happy about it! He's such a relaxed little man! :bunnyheartHe has plenty of lovely space. :)

Cute dishes too! :)

Oh AWESOME!!

That cage is so roomy! Butter will love it! :D Enough room for another friend as well...

hehe! :whistling

OOO! I love your dishes!

Beautiful setup, congrats! Butters must be soo happy in his new palace!

I have NIC pens like that that are 2 panels high and no top. None of my bunnies can jump them, although there is one bunny I fostered who could clear them. Butters should be fine if he doesnt seem interested now.

Beautifil dishes as well! Congrats to you and Butterfinger on your awesome new place. :)

I used to live near portland! I hung out there all the time, it's a great place to be! If you need help finding good places to eat or something just let me know! :biggrin2:Butters looks way happy with his new space and I love your dishes, they are awsome.

Latest posts

Back