Buttercup is sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup n Charlie

Reaction score
Should I be concerned or will it go away over time like a human cold? Here are the recent changes that could have caused this:

1) We both have had a cold, so germs are unfortunately definitely afoot!

2) It was pretty cold out last week, and we had our patio door slightly open at times to air the apartment out (the glass door was open, there was still a screen door so she could get out on the patio), but buttercup really enjoyed just sitting in front of the open portion. Problem is, there was always a consistent cool breeze coming from the patio.

Tips gets sneezing fits if she breathes a little piece of hay. She'll sneeze for a day or two and then it will go away...dunno if that's what it could be?

Do you notice any other signs with the sneezing?

Is her nose runny or does it have discharge?
Check her inner forelegs and paws (which she uses to clean her nose). Are they wet?
Is she breathing heavier, almost sounding like snoring?

If so, it might be an upper respiratory disease. My rabbit was just diagnosed with this and she had all of the above signs, including sneezing. But if she's only sneezing for a little bit and you don't hear it again, I wouldn't worry.

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

I don't know if this helps, but sometimes when MILU sneezed, I gave him some pieces of orange. It has vitamin C and he liked it (God knows why... I myself don't like oranges much..) I don't know if it was coincidence but he ended up better.

He took zithromax for days some other times too, when he had white mucus coming out of his nose.

If you're not sure what the problem is, you'd want to just give Buttercup some orange pieces (not too big). She'll like it much more, believe me!

Latest posts

Back