Busy Easter Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was working all Easter weekend, serving breakfasts to seniors in a seniors residence. A few weeks ago, I bought a Bunny Apron, and I wore it on Easter Sunday, instead of our usual aprons. The chef had made hard boiled eggs, and put them in a basket, and I took them and handed them out to all the seniors, seeing as how I looked like the Easter bunny :)

JanBrass
JanBrass
DSCN1572-1.jpg

Then, when my boss found out I had real bunnies, she asked if I would take them in. So today, I popped Shadow and Jester in (separate) carriers, and took them to the home. About a dozen of the residents (and a lot of staff :D) came to see them and pet them.

The buns were so well behaved and lapped up all the attention. One man, who is in his 90's loves rabbits. He has pictures of them on his door, and sits and watches the wild ones in the garden. He was so happy to see them, and I let him hold Jester (as he is smaller and easier to hold. Honestly, his face just lit up. It was worth taking them for that alone. And the other residents were oohing and aahhing over them as they petted them.

We stayed about an hour, then came home, and they got a strawberry for being so good ;). They are now chilled out, and I am so proud of my Easter Bunnies :)

Jan

That is so great for you to do something like that. Your apron made me smile, I am sure it made them smile to.

I am sure they loved seeing your bunnies. That is great they were so well behaved. As soon as I put mine in a carrier they freak and hide. Do you think you will take them back?

Aw that's nice about the bunnies. Wouldn't it be great if they could have rabbits living there? I'm sure they would get plenty of attention!

That was great, so glad the buns could go in too and put some smiles on some faces!!!!!!

Like Dave said are they going to be going back?

LuvaBun wrote:
The chef had made hard boiled eggs, and put them in a basket, and I took them and handed them out to all the seniors, seeing as how I looked like the Easter bunny :)

The seniors must of had a great Easter weekend seeing Shadow, Jester and the Easter Bunny. :D

Thanks guys.

I don't think it will be a regular thing, but I'd definitely take them back for special occassions :). Seemed like everyone enjoyed it!

In fact, I thought I'd lost Shadow to one of the ladies who works there. She was cuddling him, and he just chilled out in her arms for ages. As for being so well behaved, I believe they can sense when not to scratch or wriggle. If they hadn't been seniors, I think the bunnies may have been a bit more 'active'.

And I was so pleased with the apron. I love Easter - lots of Bunny things to buy :D;)

Jan

Hey Jan I love the apron. Are the pockets actually little feet? or am I just going blind? LOL

I can just imagine the Seniors with the bunnies, I bet it was the most attention that some of them have gotten in a long time (meaning I bet a lot of those Seniors don't get visitors). I worked at a Nursing home Many Many years ago and it peeved me off how some people treated their parents, but enough about that.

Next time you take them in you should get some pictures.

Susan :)

Back