Busters fixed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn

Reaction score
Hi I'm back.

I have been so busy catering to my bunny's every need I did not havenot hadmuch time this summer. I have poped in a few times tocatch up. But had to let you all know Buster got fixed today. Poorlittle guy had a hard day!!! Heis doing good eating andrelaxing a lot. Had a little bit of soft stool tonight. Thats got meworried but I will keep an eye on it.

Any one know howl long it takes the stitches to go away? I for got to ask the vet that. :?

Hope every one is doing great!!!

Dawn

Thanks Buck They are not the removible kind theytold me that. Then we got talking about some thing els and I forgot toask. He is up and moving aroudn more this morning :D

So glad you're back, Dawn.

I'm really happy that Buster's operation is behind you and there were no complications.

Give him plenty of hay and rolled oats or old fashioned oats (QuakerOats) if you have themto clear up the soft stools.Are they any better today?

-Carolyn

Hicarolyn

He is doing much better I just let him out for 10 minuets or so to hoparound a little. just enough to stretch hislegs.The woundislooking good atiny bit of black crust but other than thatnothing. His stool seams to back to normal Itook his regularfeedout for the afternoonto encourage him to eatmore hay. Thanks for the advice.

I will not be on till Monday. Buster and I are going camping thisweekend in Hamanaset (sp?) beach in Ct. I will be staying in mytentwhile buster has some how secured him self a spotinnana andpapa's 36ft heated camper. :cool: But hes not spoiled at all!!! lol:D

Dawn

Hi Dawn,

What fun that you're all going camping! Can't believe Buster gets thecamper while you sleep outside, then again, I guess I can believe it.Too adorable!

Glad to hear that little mon's starting to scab. Doesn't it break your heart knowing they're in pain and you can't help it?

Give him lots of love from all of us.
Is he eating his pellets or is he milking all the treats he can get out of this deal?

He's such a brave and strong little guy.

-Carolyn

P.S.

When dajeti2 had been camping with her family and Apollo (who had wonBest of Breed and Best of Show), the one thing she had to watch out forwas the camper's dogs.

Other than that, the attention that he drew was incredible. Dajeti2 ispainfully shy, but Apollo has helped break her of some of that afterthe camping trip. She'd have to sneak him out when everyone was busysetting up their tents or cooking dinner so that they wouldn't have acrowd around their site all night.

-Carolyn

If I saw a bunny as big as Apollo I would have to come RUNNING over to take a look too. :D:shock:

This will be buster first camping trip. I may keep him in if he dose goout I will keep him on a mat or towel probably. Don't want to get hisincision dirty or chance and infection. I wanted to take him to Mainewhen I went early this summer but my Fiance said no. :(He wasafraid the Buster's sent would attract bears or other animals. We wereway up in the boonies 24 miles to the closest gestation/store:shock:We got up there and another camper had a baby dwarfthat was tooo cute!!! The Fiance got a big I TOLD YOU SO! lol :D

Dawn wrote:
If Isaw a bunny as big as Apollo I would have to come RUNNING over to takea We got up there and another camper had a baby dwarf that was tooocute!!! The Fiance got a big I TOLD YOU SO! lol :D

That'll teach him!

Very much looking forward to how the little mon responds tocamping. You might just want to packsome peroxidein case he does get it a bit dirty. Better to be safe thansorry.

-Carolyn

Back