Buns in the toilet with you

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flashy

Reaction score
I sometimes have buns in the toilet with me and so many of my buns have pottered around the room and the lept onto my lap, lol (random). I don't know why, but it's a whole variety of buns.They don't do it if I'm sitting down in the living room, it's just specific to the toilet.

So, I just wondered if anyone else was strange enough to sometimes have buns in the loo, and if you do, do they ever jump on your lap?

Hi, Flashy!

"Strange enough"? Are you kidding me? Being absolutely nuts with our buns, I guess we could all be described asweirdies by other people! Well, for the laugh of it, I'm tempted to answer you: My bunis so attached to methat he follows me around everywhere I go, including the toilet... Though he is a lap bunny, he doesn'tjump up in thebathlike yours do. However, when he entersthe master bathroom (and only there), he goes right above the draingrid on the floor and pees as close as he can to the drain hole! Guess he is the epitome of a litter-trained rabbit!!!

Marietta

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a bun in the bathroom, lol. I do have to clarify, mine don't just in the bath though, they jump on my lap while I'm on the loo, lol.

Vitto is so sweet. What a perfectly trained bunny :)

Mine will push open the door to come in. I used to close the door all the way but I would hear the some bunny knocking or scratching to come in. By knocking I mean head butting the door. So I just gave up closing the door all the way.

haha thats funny. Maybe they think using the toilet is a social event :)

Its a good reminder to us also to always close the lid. Ive heard of a bun drowning when he got in and couldnt get out :(

That's sad Haley, and yeh, it is a ghood reminded. Our lid is always closed because mine are all not bright, lol.

I'm glad it's not just me who has rabbit friends in the loo.

This is SO funny to find this thread today. I just had my shower and Tony played in the bathroom the entire time. I bring them off and on to visit in there. They love to jump up in the towel cabinets but I have had them jump to me as well! Bo gets a bit nervous now tho since he had a butt bath in that room! :shock:

I finally gave in and put a litter box in the toilet area of the bathroom! I got tired of cleaning up the "sympathy" poop and pee on the floor.

Yep, she jumps onto my lap if I shut the door. She freaks because there's no way out! I keep explaining to her that there are times when a girl wants insured privacy, but she's not at all convinced. To her a shut door = trapped!

I'm relieved to see this thread because I thought Carmel was just really strange. She HAS to be in the bathroom when I am. No one else, just me. She will push the door open if I try to close it. If I hold it closed, she will scratch and dig until I give up.

So why is she so determined to be in there?

Well....she likes to playwith my pants while I'm sitting there on the toilet. Running under my legs, hiding in the fabric, digging and pulling.So there it is. My girl hasweird hobbies.

Wow, I can't believe Iposted this.:embarrassed:

Ha ha, mine play with my underwear too. It seems it must ba a rabbit thing.

I nearly made a very tasteless joke, but felt I couldn't given the age of some people on here, lol. I never know what I can and can't post.

This thing with pushing the bathroom door open is also something I don't understand. Lately, Vitto does it all the time, and only with the bathroom door. The funny thing is that, most of the times, he also closes the door behind him, pushingwith his head! He actually scared me the day before yesterday, because I was looking all over for him and he was nowhere to be found. Initially it didn't occur to me to check the bathroom, as I had closed the door (not by the handle, though). Having searched everywhere, I frantically opened the bathroom door and...there he was, pooping and peeing on the drain grid, as usual! Guess they know it's a private place, don't they?????

Marietta

Weasley has this annoying habbit of standing up on two legs and looking very disapprovingly at me. It's pointless to kick him out though because he will just dig at the door and pout, one time I was taking a bath, bubbles and all and he hopped in with me!! Scared the crap out of me. The bathroom is is favorite room. I don't get it, he's such a man.:dutch

Latest posts

Back