Buns in the Oven!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalifornianKit

Reaction score
I just have to share my excitement!

Ive got buns in the oven! Ive had one litter before but i didnt breed the parents. This is the first litter i have actually "bred". My first californian doe Jade and my new buck Max. Im excited to finally be breeding Jade. It is her first litter and i think she is a GEORGEOUS girl to breed. Im glad ive finally got some more Buns in the oven! Now comes the waiting........ :pray:

Yes teh waiting game. We all LOVE the waiting game. I've got buns in the oven too, hopefully. Though what color Cali's? Mine are Velveteen Lops(tort x broken blue tort).

Blaze_ Amita, calis do come in other colored points, but they are not accepted by the ARBA. They must be the "standard" color to show (the black points). :) I have Calis and am breeding two of my does in October. Super excited.... taking them to 2 shows this month, and hoping they do well. Good luck with your babies Cali Kit!

So its day 16 (September 20th) and i palpated Jade yesterday and felt a few babies but since i am still new at palpating, when my bunny expert was over today i got her to check on Jade for me and she confirmed what i thought. Buns are DEFINITALLY in the oven. The nest box is ready and set so we are just waiting til day 28 to put the nestbox in :pray:

CalifornianKit wrote:
So its day 16 (September 20th) and i palpated Jade yesterday and felt a few babies but since i am still new at palpating, when my bunny expert was over today i got her to check on Jade for me and she confirmed what i thought. Buns are DEFINITALLY in the oven. The nest box is ready and set so we are just waiting til day 28 to put the nestbox in :pray:
Exciting:biggrin:

i know! This is the doe ive raised. The other litter i had was a pregnant doe given to me so this is my first COMPLETELY home grown kits.

Congratulations! :) I'm having my first HQ (hopefully!) litters this season of Mini Rex and maybe some Hollands. I've hit a snag in the road but I think I'll be back on track soon.

Can't wait to hear more! BTW, I want photos of Mum if she gets big. Every Cali I have seen kindle became a huge waddling oven. Adorable!~

She is a whale right now :biggrin2:Ill wait til right at the due date to get pictures of her pregnant belly. I would get pictures of BOTH my pregnant cali's but Rosie is in the middle of a BIG mold. I help her today and i needed a lint roller afterwards lol!

CalifornianKit wrote:
She is a whale right now :biggrin2:Ill wait til right at the due date to get pictures of her pregnant belly. I would get pictures of BOTH my pregnant cali's but Rosie is in the middle of a BIG mold. I help her today and i needed a lint roller afterwards lol!
Im going to hold you to this!!!! I expect photos!

Latest posts

Back