Buns favorite toys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njbunny

Reaction score
I have a new bun and need toy ideas! What do your buns like the best????

Recently Bandit has really gotten into ripping up the white pages (phone book) it must be the location, because he's never gone so crazy on it before. He also like having boxes to hide in and chew, his plastic baby keys to throw around, a paper bag to crinkle and chew on and his fleece rug to push around and arrange as he sees fit. :)

So paper or cardboard with ink/coloring is ok? I wasn't sure about that so I have been trying to give him whatever plain cardboard I can find for now.

I 4 buns.. Freeze likes cardboard boxed and paper towel tubes and pinecones. Kody he doesn't play with much he's just happy to run around outside. Tebow loves his bouncy transformer ball. ( though I think he thinks it's his gf) and Gunner likes his baby toys and soda caps. None like the wood chews but they have them.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

You technically shouldn't give shiny printed cardboard like soda boxes and things like that, however I still give one to Bandit because he chews it to pieces, but doesn't eat it. Plain brown cardboard is perfectly fine even with some ink on the side, as long as it's not shiny. The white pages phone books are also fine because they use a certain type of ink that is safe to ingest.

The cardboard tubes full of hay are a good hit for Attila. The girls like the treat balls I make - cardboard tubes cute into ringlets, slid over each other to make a ball. Right before the last ring to cover the last bit of space, I toss in raisins or whatever. They especially like playing Keep Away with each other. Pretty much free to make, too! Other things are treat puzzles (you can buy them for dogs or cats), food balls, and of course you can be creative and try hanging various toys with twine or some other plain string from the top of their cage for them to bite and chew on.

For boxes, if you need to get them from somewhere, go early morning to most department stores. My work, Homesense (Homegoods in the US; Winners, Marshalls, etc) gets a truck in the morning and we usually have lots of boxes. Ask politely and, at least in my store, we'll do our best to hook y'up. The boxes tend to have minimal ink, and the buns love them.

My rabbits will play with anything except bought toys it seems. I had an empty Advil bottle with the snap lid and put a few pebbles in it and they love it. I also used a tissue box, removed the plastic liner and filled it with hay. Paper towel or bathroom tissue tubes are enjoyable for them. One of their favourites is a cardboard box which once held a small clock. You can/should change out the toys occasionally to give them a new adventure.

Mary's favorite toys:
The shredable toys
Hanging things I can attach veggies to
Cardboard tubes

I took a paper towel tube and cut strips into it following a diagonal. It now resembles an octopus! Sophie loves throwing it around much more than just a plain toilet paper roll. I splay the arms of the octopus out so that it sits up and jiggles a bit. Sophie is intrigued by its movement.

Gandalf loves boxes stuffed with hay and a few rabbit pellets with a few small holes cut in. He goes crazy throwing them around and trying to rip the holes bigger.

He also loves a string of wooden beads I got cheap from eBay strung across his cage (careful it's not too low or your bunny could get hurt running around) which I keep putting a piece of loofah or Woden bracelet on to change it up a bit. I've just made some bunny cookies from ground pellets, oats, banana and apple with holes in to hang from string or on his bead string.

Another favourite is a kitchen roll tube with slits in for vegetable pieces strung up so he has to stand up to reach it.

Gandalf loves piles of boxes too and jumping up and down from them even when he isn't meant to lol :foreheadsmack::bunny18:bunnydance:

Ted has a few toys he enjoys. One is a Binky. Its actually a medium sized blanket. Spread out on the floor and he's bunking all over. He also likes his stick ball.

Latest posts

Back