Bunnys moving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvmybuns

Reaction score
Well I'm moving too, but yeah, anyway, my boyfriend and I are subleasing the apartment in Decemeber for 3 months till we buy a house in March. That way we have time to save some cash for the downpayment. We are staying with his parent rent free (How amazing of them)

But here is the thing. They have 2dogs that hunt rabbits in the yard. There is a section of the basement that they don't go in very often, which is where the buns will be. But I need a good cage. I went to the petstore (EW) and the cages weren't that big for the money....

How can I make my NIC panels into something really sturdy and not as messy

Right now they don't even have a cage, just a cornered off section of NIC where they feel safe and all their food, litterbox and water is. ANy ideas? I need help...

Why not use the cage similar to the way it is.... then get some coroplast or a left over piece of linoleum from like Menards or something for the floor. If you need more security - get some security wire at the hardware or Tractor supply - it comes in a roll. Use gloves and be careful to tighten the loose ends to the NIC grids. Bo has this over the bottom panels of his NIC cage.

Just use a roll to sort of "wrap" the NIC cage.

If you need to have something to keep them from throwing stuff out - build an edger like someone did on here with wood. (It's in the NIC photos) .... It might be a lot of work, but if you need it - that's how I would do it.

I'm a bit confused. You said you are staying with his rents? is that now? and who do the dogs belong to?

Yeah we are in an apartment right now, but in December we are moving in with his parents. They have 2 dogs. They won't be allowed in the room where the bunnies are, I am just super paranoid and would never be able to live with myself if something were to happen. I don't know how to make a coroplast bottom...and I would need walls, butI don't know about wood because it needs to be cleanable.

There are all kinds of ideas in the PHOTO section in the NIC cubes. Go there and look - I think somewhere there are design sheets too.

I think if youre worried about the dogs your absolute best bet is a large dog crate with an NIC "fence" all the way around it. NIC panels wont hold up if a dog were to get in the room with them.

Last time I was at Walmart they had a huge dog cage for like 90.00. I know people who use these and you can put in second levels and everything.

Those big black ones! I forget about those! I need to do that for Bo and Clover if I get them bonded. Heidi if she ever ends up inside would go in one well!

GREAT idea!

Yeah theyre awesome, my friend has one for her 12 pound bunny. Its nice bc it has the removable tray that makes for easy cleaning.

Then you could put an NIC fence around so they could come out and run when youre in with them.

I wish I had more space and time, Id say they could just come here :biggrin2:

I don't know what to do guys...I went over there last night and I just don't know. They'll be in the basement in the dark, there is no natural light in the room they have to be in.

I'm so scared of the dogs getting them, I just don't know what to do. I am going to see if my sister can take them, but, for 3 months? I might die without them.

I will just feel so bad, they'll be scared crapless if the dogs come around, which I'm sure is bound to happen since my boyfriends dad doesn't seem like he cares too much about them. Plus I have a hard time having long talks with him, considering a language barrier:?

I know they are more familiar with my sister's house and they will get a lot more affection and play time than they even do with me since my sis is a stay at home mom... Oh god I am going to miss them though.....I am still not quite sure yet.....

Latest posts

Back