bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wondered if anyone had any advice. a friend wants to get a house rabbit as has seen how friendly my 2 are, unfortunately he had a rabbit before that was left in the garden with his nails so long they made the poor little guys feet bleed, for months i begged him to let me take the rabbit but he said no, it later died from the cold weather even though he said that wasnt the cause. personaly i think his house is in too much of a state and he already has 3 cats, 2 of them im convinced arnt fixed due to the smell in his house,im not trying to sound mean, im just concerned , they also chain smoke indoors, where as here if my friends smoke, they do it outside. how do i talk him out of getting a house rabbit

I would try to talk him out of it. Tell him they poop and pee everywhere and they chew your wood and all the cables in the house and then you have to replace all the cables and its costs alot of money!! Oh and they are alot of work!! You know if he gets one it is not going to be treated well!! Thats my suggestion.

All you can do is advise him on the care of the rabbit. I'd be more upset with the cat urine smell. Cat urine, like bunnies has very STRONG odor that can make you ill if you don't take care.

I feel bad for the three cats. But no matter what, no matter what you say, people will do what they want.

K:)

thanks mindy but judgeing from the state of his house, i dont think that would bother him much. im going to try to print of my rabbits bills to show him, espeacially my little charlies who was always ill, we rescued our charlie but we think his bunny mum was over bred, thats why he had so many health problems. that may do the trick as we fork out thousands of pounds on charlie

thankyou zrabbits.i know what you mean, as soon as i enter his house you get hit by the cat urine and the ciggarette smell. if i find it unbearable to stay for an hour in that kind of condition, i cant imagine how the animals deal with it. i honestly feel that if he brings a poor bunny into that inviorment i think our friendship wont last.

Back