Bunny was eating cat food!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My husband had Bunny out the other night and sheroamed into the kitchen and apparently since she thinks she's a cat,she thinks she should eat like one too. She started muchingon the cats' hard food. Its Purina Indoor Catformula.

I made her stop and herded her back to the livingroom and told myhusband. Well the dork thought it was funny and let her do itagain! Its been a few days now and she seems fine.Should I stop worrying and just smack my husband? haha.

I think you should make HIM eat cat food for supper. LOL
I would stop worrying this time. If he/she was to be sickfrom eating it, it would have probably shown in the first day orso. But just remember that a cat is a carnivore and a bunnyis a herbivore. Too much eaten some day and bunny could getbadly sick or even worse.

actually thelittle bit of cat food she didmanage to get really wont hurther too badley , she was more likelycrunching it and grooming the teeth more than actuallyinjesting it .

Personally I would pick the cat food off thefloor when the rabbit is out sonot to tempt her again . Ifshe wants to chew I wold gether some wood blocks ortwigs to chew on , Willow andMaple and Popular Wood come to mind , IfYou can pinch some Apple Sticks froma near by Orchard therabbit will more than thank You .

Latest posts

Back