bunny vocab

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkandell11

Reaction score
so im new to this bunny world !

after i move in a month Im planning to get my first bun. so ive been
researching like crazy about these little fuzzballs ;)

however.. im quite alien to some of these words...
binkying? disaproving bunnies? does NIC stand for something?

any other vocab would be greatly appreciated :D
thanks so much!

binkying: happy funny dance bunnies do when happy. May involve any combos of leaping, running twisting, backflips, skittering about...

disapproving bunnies: when you take pictures of rabbits at a certain angle, their mouths appear to be downturned, and pouting/crabby (due to the heavy whisker area) Little Bay Poo's Ronnie is an especially disapproving bunny.

NIC: Neat Idea storage Cubes: A set of wire grids that can be manipulated to form storage shelves, much like wire devices you see for towels in ppls bathrooms. We ziptie these wire grids together to make gigantic bunny cages :)

Hi!

Ok, I'll try to answer...

Binky- is a happy jump that a bunny does- they sort of twist about in the air a lot and it looks a bit strange. It's one of the ultimate expressions of happiness!

Here is a pic, of my bunny Mouse doing a binky, or search on YouTube and there's plenty of videos :)

1218472830.jpg

Disapproving bunny- they have a look about them sometimes- a sort of frown, and you can just TELL they disapprove of you, or something! Check out the thread below, or there is a website as well..

Click here!

Disapproving Rabbits Website

NIC cages- NIC means 'Neat Idea Cube', and they are basically grids that slot together using connectors etc to make cages for buns. They're so versatile, you can make them as big or small as you want, and whatever shape you want to fit the space you have :D

Check out this thread for pics/ideas:

NIC Cages Only!

I hope that clears up some of it for you! :biggrin2:

Well good luck finding your perfect bunny. first off, Binkying is when a rabbits has a spurt of pure happiness jumps into the air and does a funny twist/flick of its back end. Secondly disaproving bunny is when they look at you with distane or like they disaprove of what you have done. NIC stands for Neat Idea Cubes, they are shelving but many peaple including myself use them to make cages out of. NIC cages I think are by far superior to any other rabbit cage, as you can design them to fit in just about any space. Plus you can get them in many differant colors so that they match any decor :)

~Hayley

Latest posts

Back