Bunny urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfloppy

Reaction score
:XMy dutch bunny was newly introducedto the home after living outdoors. My daughter had her on the carpettodayto play and get away from her fat little kits awhile andshe urinated all over. It smells so terrible, and now my dog wants togo on the carpet too. What shouldI use to get rid of thesmell and keep it off so my poodle does not piddle there too?

Needless to say it will be kitchen floor time for now on!:p

hello bigfloppy!

geesh. pets peeing on teh nice carpet, harsh.lol.Well, anyways..i would try preferring getting some fragrance sparyand spraying it on teh carpet :palthough..it will be dirty somaybe washing the urinated aread with soup and water. mm..maybe trygoing to the pet store. i beliebe they have some carpet cleaners whenyor pet urinates the floor? im not sure.

I think I read about this thing in a book before. You're supposed to spray scented water all over the place where it urinated.

Hope this helps,

CaliBunny //[^,^]\

They sell carpet cleaning sprays that arespecifically made to eliminate pet odor, containing scents that aresupposed to deter pets from returning to that spot. I've used some onmy couch before, but don't have much experience because I have allhardwood and tile floors. Check around to see if you can rent a carpetwasher or steam cleaner as well. That will probably help too.

I use Febreze where Maggie pee's, it usually masks the smell pretty good. :?

Try white vinegar on an out of the wayplace on your carpet just to be sure that it won't stain yourcarpet...any more than the rabbit pee. I haven't had anycarpet that the white vinegar has ever stained. Thensaturate your carpet where the urine is. This shouldtake away theodor. Whitevinegar can also be added to carpet shampooers and water used to mopfloors.This works for more than just urine for removing odors.

- Dolores

i'm with the vinegar. use that first overanything perfumed. maybe baking soda after the vinegar ifthat didnt work, but vinegar is pretty good for removing odours.

Thanks!!! I thought about the vinegar or possiblyone of those odor eliminators but I am afraid of chemicals hurting therabbits. I really don't clean with anything but Simple Green and bleachon occasion, but the Simple Green is to strong as scent to mix withbunny ammonia!!!

Our floor are hardwood and tile too, and I hate carpets, but 'others'complained the floor was to cold! This area rug is only twoweeks old of course!;)

Has anyone ever used an eliminator called 'Natures Miracle' ?

There is nothing in the white vinegar that willharm the rabbits or any other furkid in the house. I've usedit with cats, dogs, rabbits, lambs, piglets, and skunks. Yourhouse will smell somewhat like a pickle factory, but not for verylong! There are a lot of things that you don't usedaround skunks, including room sprays and perfumes of any kind(including scented candles and hair sprays), but everyone uses whitevinegar. All of these perfumey products are harmfulto the systems of, not only skunks, but also, rabbits. I douse hair spray and perfume, but never use them in the presence of houserabbits, when I had them, or in the presence of Bushie, my companionskunk.

- Dolores

Latest posts

Back