Bunny Urine

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango

Reaction score
HI all...

I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but i can't find a topic onit and my internet connection is REALLY slow and expensive so its hardto look aroud for one. (where i'm from we don't have nice internet orphone companies!)

anyway, my question is that my bunny is weeing very thick murky darkishyellow. I think its wee, my mom thought he had a runny tummy ordiarrhea. its not the first time its been like this but before ifigured it was normal.when it dries on the newspaper, itlooks like someone has paintedthe paper withwhitepaint. is this normal and does it sound like urine?

he's just eating pellets and hay as the fruit and veg wasn't agreeingwith him (he's about two and a half months old now) and he has plentywater. he doesn't seem sick.

does this sound ok? what should i do etc...

thanks so much in advance!

May :?

I know Mocha's urine is a dark yellow color (Ihave white paper bedding) and the times she has urinated outside of hercage and I don't notice it does turn white. So I believe itsnormal. You have a healthy bunny.

It sounds normal to me. My rabbits'urine looks like that too. Rabbits excrete extra calcium intheir urine, and that's the white residue you're seeing. It'scompletely normal. Calcium in urineis only aworrywhen it's really thick and pasty or has large crystals.

perfect! thanks so much guys!! i think my bunny fits those descriptoins! calcium makes perfect sense!!!

thanks so much! dunno what i'd do without all you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

May!!

Latest posts

Back