Bunny Trust

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover13

Reaction score
What should I do my 2 bunnies always run away from me when I enter there pen, I hve no clue how to get them to tryst me. Once they do come over to me they run away before i can even pet them or brush them. They nee to learn to let me brush them because when ever they don't they get all ruffled and look like they're going insane. i never did anything bad or mean to them, I bring them in the house on hot dys to cool off for a while. And I give them treats once or twice a day when i feed them which is the only time they come to me (and that's only sometimes). I don't know what to do almost every website that I've been on bout this wasn't been able to help at all. Any suggestions? I'm clueless. :(

I would try sitting in the pen for a long time un-till the come to you. Once they come to you play your hand out with a treat in it. They should eventually learn that you can be trusted and that you love them!

Hope this helps!
Ashley

thanks I'll sit in there pen on the next nice day that we have here, and thanks I checked that out and I'll see if it works

One thing to remember: Bonding takes time. It won't happen in one afternoon. It's taken us almost two years to gain the level of trust we have with Gus. Not saying it'll take that long with your rabbits (Gus, after all, was a rescue), but it will likely take a few weeks or months before you see consistent results.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Ditto what others said. I have a female Holland lop named Olive (I also just adopted a NZ white and am trying to bond them... that's a process, too!) and I got her as a baby. She's become more trusting as time goes on, but she's certainly no cuddle bunny--too busy being lil' Miss Independent. OTOH, trust takes time and an understanding of the bunny psyche--she still runs away from me (with foot flicks and the occasional thump if she's feeling particularly hard-done by) from time to time, but you can't take it personally. Bunnies will be bunnies! I appreciate my Olive for her antics and also the fact that she is house trained and able to be free range when I am home. I wish she'd hurry up and bond with the NZ white bunny, but that's another story....

LOL o.k ya my sister thinks there all devils because they never listen to her. Expecially when she tries to train them by using horse methods on them. (it never worked)

Latest posts

Back