Bunny Tales

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
I'm so over the top with this sillybun! Yesterday my sister and her son were over and they sawSebastian in the kitchen stretched out on the a/c vent. Thenthey say his toys. :shock:My daughter said "Oh, he doesn'tplay with them, Mom just thinks he does." So I tossed Sebastian his toyand said "Sebastian, throw it." And much to my delight, hedid! You wouldn't believe the looks on all of their faces! Iplay with him like that all the time, but it seems like it neverhappens when you wantto show someone else. He didit 10-12 times in a row. Then I switched to his plastic chainand we played the game several times more. He is comingnearly every time I call him. He raises up on hind legs to bepicked up when I ask him if he wants out, he goes to the cabinet for atreat and to therefrigerator to get "something toeat"and we are working really hard on "leave it" (cords,curtains, chewing on furniture). So, my bunny gurufriends....how far can you go with the bunny training/tricks thing?

RaspberrySwirl,it's so nice to know that there are some bunnies on this boardwho do what their mommies and daddies say (if you know what Imean)!:X ;)

BunnyMommy wrote:
RaspberrySwirl, it's so niceto know that there are some bunnies on this board who do whattheir mommies and daddies say (if you know what Imean)!:X ;)
[align=left]
Sherman loves you to bits, BunnyMommy. He was simply getting revenge onthe attention seeking TV. He listens, as long as nothing is trying tosteal his mommy away!

Mocha loves me... on occasion... lol, I keep telling myself when hebites that they are love nips! Spice is having the male versionof PMS, what ever that is, lol. They both love me deep deep deep downinside unter that thick coat. ;)They never listen, but I keeptelling myself they're typical boys/men... selective hearing! :p (Nottrying to offend anyone!)[/align]
[align=center]
*****************************************************[/align]
[align=left]RasberrySwirl374,

:shock:I'm amazed, my boys only seem to think "no" means "doit again" but that's about it. Neither know their names, they bothanswer to either Mocha or Spice or Brat, or Booger, or Fatty... wellyou get the point! I guess that's what happens when you have 2 and theycan't tell which one you are calling them!
[/align]

Well, I actuallythink he feels very safe and loved. I'm trying very hard to learn hislanguage and signs,the things that make him feel better orless frightened. I use the same tone of voice with myrequests, I let him help get his veggies out of the refrigerator, Ihave him help with the treat cabinet, he goes outdoors in the yard withus when we are able to be with him. We are learning together how tomake the grooming process easier on both of us (he has to be brushedevery day and trimmed every 10 days or so) He is handled A LOT byALOT of family members. You gotta think that's helping me. Wejust hold him and love on him an awful lot and he loves us right back!
And what's not to love about thisface!

v1cl

Greetings RasberrySwirl, :dude:

Good for you and Sebastian for showing them all up!

That's one special bunny you have there. :)

Thanks for sharing that story and your perspective. They were both fun and interesting.

-Carolyn

So, Carolyn, how far can/do people go with training their buns? Does it stay that way after they've been neutered?

Okay, Carolyn, we are onlyjust begining to know each other, but if I do that to poor Sebastian,you must come save him from me!!!! :shock: I've gone and doneit. I've gone over board on a bunny....They said this wouldhappen...but those devil children don't really know. Theydon't understand me and MY Bun!!!!! I'm going to go to bedand start all over tomorrow in a normal world. Goodnight Carolyn:?

Wow, Raspberry, Sebastian is so cool. My 2 comewhen called and do other things, but not like Sebastian. You havebonded with him to a special degree - you are so lucky to have eachother.

p.s. keep those photos coming,

jan

That's a really inspiring rabbit anditsounds like he has a great life in your family, I only hope I can dohalf as well with making my rabbits so happy :)Well done toall of you

Rowan x

BunnyMommy wrote:
RaspberrySwirl, it's so niceto know that there are some bunnies on this board who do whattheir mommies and daddies say (if you know what Imean)!:X ;)

LOL My Iszy is the "Queen" :dude:

v1cl

Aw!! They're so irresistable!!

Dear BunnyMommy,Sebastian loves you too! He's lobbying stronglyfora position of strength in the household such as Sherman has. He thinksthe freedom to roam sounds wonderful. (He only gets tworooms). I read the "bad bunny" story to him andexplained to him that story alone was cause enough for him to continueto be banned from total bunny freedom...

RasberrySwirl374 wrote:
I read the "bad bunny" storyto him and explained to him that story alone was cause enoughfor him to continue to be banned from total bunnyfreedom...

Oh, mercy! My tummy!!! Can't stop laughing!

Back