BUNNY SPOTTED!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson_is_mine

Reaction score
While my sister was running at track practice yesterday, she saw a small grey bunny munching on some grass. She thought it was odd that a wild bunny was grey, but was focused on running, but she ran closer and closer to it and it didn't hop away. She thought maybe it was just a baby and didn't know to be scared yet. She came home and asked me if wild bunnies could be grey. I made sure that the bunny she was actually seeing WAS grey, which annoyed her. ("Do you think I don't know my colors?!")I then looked up a picture of a grey dwarf on google, to whichshe said that itcould be its sister itlooked so much a like.

I told her to keep her eye out for it, and if she saw it again to try to scoop it up and callme (niether of which isgood to do during a practice, but I think an exception could be made). I'm just worried about it. She said it was smaller than our neighbors dwarfs, which makesme think that it's very young. Is there anything that I can do in the meantime? It's actually near the high school, so I suppose I could go downby the trees in the morning and look around, but that's not practical. I'm hoping that it just got out of its hutch and wasn't set free.Should I consider renting a humane trap or wait until we have a better take on where it likes to hang out? I don't want to catch a wild rabbit by mistake or have somedumb kid mess with it, you know?

It's been stormy out today and I've been worried since I found out about twenty minutes ago (she couldn't have told me yesterday?!) So what does everyone think?

Some people on here have done captures of wild domestics. The best way seems to be setting out some food and then encircling the bunny with several people, then the people gradually walk in toward the bunny, making the circle smaller and smaller. You could also call the local humane society and they could use a humane trap or such to catch it. I'd be worried about predators getting at it while it's in the trap, though.

Back