Bunny sniffles? Strange noise made?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty88

Reaction score
Description: Chloe is a 7 1/2 pound black Satin
Sex: Female

Fecal and urinary output:
poops and pees are normal, still using her litterbox perfectly. A couple of weeks ago she did kind of pee out of her box, and I found a couple of spots of urine in odd places, but it might've just splashed? Seemed to be acting out more than anything.

Medical history:
Spayed: not yet. I was planning on doing it next month.
Vet: just went in for a checkup a couple of months ago and was in perfect health. Her teeth were nicely aligned, too.
Medications: none

Diet: Zupreem pellets, SM Timothy hay, romaine salads
Last ate: couple of minutes ago

Chloe has been making slight squeaking sounds when she breathes. I heard her sneeze on Friday, but thought it was isolated. I heard er have another sneezing fit...well, sneeze twice, tonight.

Every breath is squeaky? Could she be overheated? Is there any discharge from the nose or eyes? Is the noise from grinding her teeth, perhaps? How frequent are the sneezing fits?

Also, snuffles/sniffles is an outdated term for an upper respiratory infection. There is a lot of bad information on the vet about "snuffles" and how to treat it (or not). It's best to look for articles that call it what it is--a bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract.

The urinary thing might be an issue too, and if she has a UTI the pain might be making her grind her teeth--could that be the sound? How good is she about the litterbox usually, being that she's an unalterd female?

tonyshuman wrote:
Every breath is squeaky? Could she be overheated? Is there any discharge from the nose or eyes? Is the noise from grinding her teeth, perhaps? How frequent are the sneezing fits?

Also, snuffles/sniffles is an outdated term for an upper respiratory infection. There is a lot of bad information on the vet about "snuffles" and how to treat it (or not). It's best to look for articles that call it what it is--a bacterial infection of the upper respiratory tract.

The urinary thing might be an issue too, and if she has a UTI the pain might be making her grind her teeth--could that be the sound? How good is she about the litterbox usually, being that she's an unalterd female?

I've only heard her sneeze on three occasions in the past four days. It was just that she sneezed like five times for the first two, and only twice the third time I heard her. I know she isn't grinding her teeth because she still purrs for me when I scritch her cheeks, and I've felt her cheeks while hearing her squeak and I didn't feel her jaw moving. And I was just calling it the sniffles because...well, she sounds sniffly. :rollseyes: Lol.

Her face is normal, no leaky eyes or nose. I did notice faint dandruffy looking spots on her ears, but she's molting. I forgot to mention that in my panic this morning.

She's usually pretty good....to a degree. She'll knock her top litter box down to the bottom of her cage if she's looking for attention, and I've been working more than we're used to in the past couple of weeks, so I was kinda chalking her litter-mayhem up to that. She has also been known to spray, occasionally even getting curtains full length. :grumpy:

I can't say for sure what's going on. The sneezing is a bit more than normal, but I can't tell what the sound is. It could be a tooth pain sound. I'm hoping someone who has heard tooth pain sounds will read the thread.

Latest posts

Back