Bunny Sneezing? Anything serious?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparney

Reaction score
it might not be anything serious but i took Barney for a walk in the garden and instead he just sat on the grass eating. He had been fine all day.

I suffer from hayfever and that night i was quite bad, so do rabbits get hayfever because Barney sneezed?

He does sometimes sneeze, but it is very rare.

Info:

Name: Barney

Breed: Netherland Dwarf

Food: A good pets shops junipr and dwarf rabbit pellets. Sometimes Excel Junior and Dwarf. Excel dry timothy hay

Medical: Myxomatosis Vaccinations every 6months

Other eating things: Wheetabix, carrots, cucumber, and alfalfa cubes. sometimes also apples. these are treats that he has occaisonally.

Bedding: Newspaper lining, dust free straw from our local pet store.(in summer) in winter, straw and sawdust.

thank you!!!!

I just want to know because i get worried about Barney.

my freind's bunny was sneezing a lot and the vet told him to get a vitamine C to put into the water fro 10 days every month and also gave him some kinda medicine for a few days.
after that his bun was doing great and stoped sneezing...
i dunno what's the caes and if its the same thing.
maybe you should ask a vets opinion as well....

He might have gotten something in his nose. Bunnies don't really get allergies, and if it was just the one time, I wouldn't worry.

tonyshuman wrote:
He might have gotten something in his nose. Bunnies don't really get allergies, and if it was just the one time, I wouldn't worry.

Mine will sneeze occasionally. Sometimes he has sneezing fits(at first hearing them, they are a bit scary). In my expericence this is due to something like hair or hay in his nose, he's never had a uri or any symptoms of one.

Just watch for any discharge. Colored discharge is sign of infection and needs to be seen by a vet and treated. Other than that, I think he should be ok.;)

ok thank you for helping!!!!
i jsut worry a lot about barney because he is the best bunny i could ever wish for!

he's fine and im starting to do jumping with himand we have got to around 7inches high. which i am really plesed about!

Latest posts

Back