Bunny shaking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvinmycowboy

Reaction score
Not really shaking but if she's sitting there or even laying down her head and body like sway sometimes just a bit sometimes you can really tell. Almost like when a horse weaves but not so noticeable all the time.

Plus her eyes are kind of runny. Other then that she's normal.

What is going on and what can I do?
I thought it was the bedding so I got a whole new cage for her.
She's only 10wks now.

How runny are we talking here? It could be nothing, as my Muffin sometimes shakes a tiny bit when she's sitting or laying down, but it could be something. If she has an upper respiratory infection, that could cause eye watering and balance issues if it's in her ear, which would be a bad thing. So how much eye running, what color?

it's clear not that much it's not down her face or anything just around her eye a bit.

luvinmycowboy wrote:
it's clear not that much it's not down her face or anything just around her eye a bit.

becuse of her being so very young I would have this checked out ; how long have you had her ; when was she separated from her mom. andsibs

I don't know what it is but it doesn't sound normal to me ; i would take her to the vet

When I got her she was the last one left and she was then separated from her mom never before that they told me she was really attached to her mom.

I've had her like 2 weeks now?

It could be "scanning" or "tracking".
Sometimes arabbit will sit and weave or sway slowly back and forth... sometimes only moving their head. They appear to be causing motion in order to see an object that is within a short distance of themselves.
Kind of a depth perception thing.
This is thought to be more common in red-eyed rabbits.

I would still plan a vet visit to rule out any health issues.

Ah yes, both my rabbits occasionally do the 'scanning'
Their eyes are clear, though, so just to be safe, I would visit the vet

All of mine do it, especially when im around. It looks like they want to get up but are not sure what i am doing. It is kinda funny when all four of them are doing it at the sme time, it looks like they are ideling in a broken car.

I always get scared when I hear about abnormal behavior involving the head. I've lost 2 of our babies to head tilt--6 years apart, but it still gives me the jitters. Best to get the baby check by a rabbit savvy vet as soon as possible. That way, if it is something serious, you can get a jump on it and head it off.

JimD wrote:
It could be "scanning" or "tracking".
Sometimes arabbit will sit and weave or sway slowly back and forth... sometimes only moving their head. They appear to be causing motion in order to see an object that is within a short distance of themselves.
Kind of a depth perception thing.
This is thought to be more common in red-eyed rabbits.
This is also pretty common in rabbits with a red tint to the eye. For example- shadeds. Like sable point, siamese sables, etc. And I think it is somewhat common in agoutis too.

Latest posts

Back