Bunny safe wood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canela_2004

Reaction score
I am looking for a list of bunny safe wood. We are picking our bunny up in a week and I am getting the cage and toys all set up and ready to go. I know apple is safe but I don't have any apple trees nearby.

Rabbits don't really need wood to chew. A proper diet will keep the teeth worn down. Some rabbits don't like to chew wood anyway.

You can find apple branches on some online stores. There are a few that cater specifically to rabbits and carry apple branches that are safe.

Rabbits don't really need wood to chew. A proper diet will keep the teeth worn down. Some rabbits don't like to chew wood anyway.

You can find apple branches on some online stores. There are a few that cater specifically to rabbits and carry apple branches that are safe.

I know they don't NEED the wood but I am trying to have a variety if playthings for him. I was hoping not to have order anything online and use local wood from friend's trees since I know they are pesticide free. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

As I understand it, as long as it's dried, most wood would be OK. Apple is the only fruitwood you can use right off the tree. I would avoid cherry, as I've heard it can be toxic if not sufficiently dried.

I often put a piece of plain, unpainted 1x3 pine lumber across a corner of Natasha's cage, and she loves whittling on it.

I usually give Lilac for my rabbits, birds, snakes, whatever. Super easy to find since soooo many people have a tree/bush around here, and odds are they don't spray it like they would fruit trees, but you always want to double check :)

Latest posts

Back