Bunny-running around unnatended

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
Chernish comes out of his cage but he only walkson the material in front of his cage. We have kinda slippery floor andhe is afraid to walk on it.
In the evenings, he does not want to go into his cage and we feel sobad making him. For some reason he only comes out after 10 in theevening and in the morning before 10.
Do you think its ok to leave him unlocked at night, since he does not go on the floor?

Only if there's nothing in the room you'd getupset if he'd destroy and there's nothing that could possibly hurt him.My rabbis were OK staying out all night when I used to let them stayout. The only reason I stoped is because I just don't need any bunnykisses at 3 AM, (They live in my bedroom.)

~Christine~

Actually there are flowers but there are on the other side of the room and he would have to walk on the floor to get there.
Actually, he can get anywhere from where he is at.

I'm get the flowers out before letting him outunattended. I know my rabbits get more bold sometimes when they thinkI'm not looking so he may start to leave his normal area and it reallywould stink if he got sick from something you thought he wouldn't goafter.

~Christine~

Hah bunny kisses at 3am... dont I know that.

Anyway, rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk. I cantremember what the scientific name for that is, but that is when theyleave their burrows to feed. Less likely to be surprised bypredators. Then back into the burrows to ruminate, or ratherreingest their foraging.

As for leaving him out all night, as long as there are no wires for himto chew, plants etc. Even if he doesnt go on the floor rightnow... you'd be surprised what a rabbit will do when they get thegumption to!

(I woke up this morning to Gir scaling the cage and then leapingoff. I was terrified he'd hurt himself... still dont know howthe bugger got OUT of the cage to begin with)

nocturnal

night_shift_lg_clr.gif

Actually it's "crepuscular". It's a trait rabbits share with deer.

Now cats, they're naturally nocturnal. 3 am...oi vei :p

Latest posts

Back