bunny rubs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m.e. wrote:
Onthe nose the most. Peanut will melt into an ooey-gooey puddle of bunnylove...:D

That is the greatest reply. Ever. Coffee ALL over the keyboard ;)

Ellie likes pets and rubs on her nose andanywhere to the top of her shoulders, including her ears and under herchin. But they have to be *very* gentle, *barely touching*pets or she runs away.

Sometimes my husband thinks he's petting a big old dog and is too roughwith her and boy does she let him know! He got growled at andnipped a couple weeks ago LOL

Lately she just LOVES being cuddled in my arms like a baby with hernose being stroked.....but I have to be standing, AND rocking back andforth with her.....*sheesh*On Saturday I was holding her forabout 15 mins. like this, I finally had to wake her up andput her down cuz my back was hurting. I must be nuts!!

Cheetos mom wrote:
From the info. I have read, you're not really supposed torub their keysters, nor the length of their ears - why not? Especially,if he likes it?

I'm pretty sure the idea is to not rub those areas because a lot ofrabbits don't like it. If your bun likes it, I can't imaginewhere the problem would be. :}

My Meat Bunny enjoys pets starting at her nose, up to the top of herhead... bonus points if I have a finger behind her head, kindofscritching the nape of her neck at the same time. She alsoenjoys it when I run a thumb & forefinger up the sides of herhead, from just behind her whiskers, under her eyes, up to hertemples. Her favourite, though, is firm rubs at the base ofher ears, with or without strokes along the length of her ears& gentle ear-pulling.

If Meat's in the right mood, she also enjoys full-body strokes,head-to-tail. If she's particularly wound up, I can scratchthe base of her tail, & she'll start spinning in tight circlesaround my hand. I can control which direction she spins bymoving my hand from one hip to the other. IfMeatgets *really* into it, she'll grunt and/or thump, all the whilecontinuing to spin. I've wondered in the past if she'sgetting upset more than enjoying it, but Meat's never been shy aboutrunning & hiding (or even lunging & biting ;P ) whenshe doesn't want my attention, so I think she's just eccentric. ;D

Mija loves the massage, butI justimprovise with it really. She doesnt mind getting her keister musclesrubbed at all. I think they get sore becauseI have woodfloors and she has to climb so high to get into into her house topfloor as well. Ginger on the other hand, she likes to be pet as opposedto the massage. She more timid and gentle. Mija is a little more roughand silly. but yeah both will like it for as long as your willing tosit there with them.

Latest posts

Back