Bunny Related DIY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toady

Reaction score
Has anyone else done crafty stuff for their bunny or for bunny related things?

At the moment I'm creating a calico bale bag which will hold an average bale of hay, it will hopefully reduce the amount of hay bits around the house but will also keep bugs (and hopefully my kitties) out of it and as it's calico will allow airflow around the bale to stop it going mouldy which can happen if I used a tarp.

It got me thinking about what other crafty things have bunny owners done for their buns? I'll be sure to get photos of the bag when it's finished and full of hay.

My cages are NIC cages and those are pretty much DIY. With doing the bottoms, putting it all together and making it just right, it took some work and there was blood.
I paint bunny shapes to use as name plates. Each rabbit has a bunny one that is painted like them and another one with their name.
I also make jumps for the rabbits. Easy enough to make, but still creative with the painting. Trying to figure out the best way to make them was interesting.

I don't really sew or build much. I mostly find things that can be used for rabbits and find a way to make it work.

I used to pretend I'm an architect hired by my buns and I build somewhat elaborate cardboard castles. I have gotten busier (and lazier), so nowadays it's mainly cardboard boxes with holes in them.

Recently, I built the Golden Bunny Gate Bridge across the room, which lasted about three days before it was chewed down.

I recently started crocheting Cheeto a bunny friend; I can't afford and don't have the time for a real bunny friend, so he's getting a special stuffy. Otherwise, pretty much all of my DIY's are revolved around the bun (altercations to his litterbox or hay rack) or the move happening in April. So I've been busy!

I've stuffed toilet paper tubes full of hay, put hay and treats in paper bags, and cut holes in cardboard boxes to make tunnels.

Probably the most common rabbit-related DIY I've done over the years I had Scone MacBunny and since Natasha Rabbitova came to live here was soldering cut-through wires. No matter how carefully you bunny-proof there's always the one you miss, and more than once I knocked my computer mouse off the desk and when I picked it up Scone had already severed the cord.

I've sewn Blankets, pillows and little outfits for mine (and others).

I alsoknit some of the dish cloths at Xmas time for myself and others.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back