Bunny Rant! Escapee rabbits!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessieR

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So i have woke up this morning and I am not happy with my little balls of fluff!

Last weekend i decided to move Sky & Crumbles Xpen around & take out the added dog crate.

Everyday since the move Crumble has found a way to escape - no matter what we do! (I really cant figure it out - i think he is jumping off the shelf in their Xpen, over the fence & barriers added and hoping for the best?!)

But this morning Sky had gotten out (No idea how as she has a problem with jumping down from the sofa, their shelf etc!) She has wee'd on my sofa & cushion & Crumble escaped into the gap which is off limits normally & chewed the wire for the lamp!

On top of all this my lovely curtains have nibbles and holes in cause Crumble is escaping & trying to get to the main room instead of behind the sofa which is off limits!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I really want a NIC cage but they aren't as cheap over here, but i think I am going to have too take the plunge so that they have a lid! Any one got any ideas where is the best place to get NIC grids in the UK?

Jess

So, you're looking for some way to make a lid? Can you create a lid out of wood and wire mesh? A picture might help....

Usually when rabbits get out of xpens, it's by climbing the horizontal bars. So fastening a barrier of cardboard or something around the pen usually solves the problem. I'm not sure this is your situation, but it might be.

Or could you remove the shelf?

I had to get Ripley a 4 foot Xpen, otherwise he can jump whatever. You could try wire or some sort of garden netting to pull tight over the top.

Imbrium has a rabbit that could scale her 4 foot pen. She attached some cardboard or posterboard partway up so when her rabbit jumped up to climb the rest of the way out of the pen, it wouldn't be able to climb past the smooth surface of the board.

Yes, that´s what I had to do with mine. The sides that had something next to them that they could jump onto, I had to put a board up so that it was higher than the fence and they couldn´t get over. I´ve seen mine do some real leaps that you would find hard to believe if you hadn´t seen it considering their size.

Whenever, I do anything now, I usually get down on the floor and look at it from their perspective. I was looking not long ago on Amazon and I think, they do the NIC grids but they´re not cheap.

Hi everyone!! Thanks for your replies - I've managed to make a lid for them on the shelf by using the cardboard I'd used toshkent them a castle - I'll try to attach a pic!

Rhi Rhi I'm in Cannock, staffs :)

Back