Bunny Pulling Out Fur

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
Hi I have a female rabbit and I noticed last night she was really twiching her nose fast and this morning it looks like she has tried to make a nest. She is not pregnant and not fixed. Will this behavior stop and is there anything i can do for her?

It won't stop until you get her spayed. I would keep her nest in her area for a few days and let her get her fill. From what I've been told, they'll make another nest if you take theirs away too soon.
My bun is actually in the process of making a nest right now, she'll be bald by later today.

It is a good idea to get her spayed. First off that should stop this behaviour. But more importantly, to avoid her getting uterine cancer.

Has the rabbit recently been around other rabbits? Sometimes my female unspayed buns would get a bit confused and go humping each toher. Shortly after I would fine a nest. Also, they'd do the same with stuffed toys.

It's called a false pregnancy. Spaying will stop this behavior and protect your rabbit from reproductive cancer. Up to 85% of unspayed female rabbits get reproductive cancer by the time they're 4 years old, so it's a really good idea to get it done.

Latest posts

Back