bunny proofing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyRae

Reaction score
Annie likes to go under the coffee table and the rocking recliner.HOw do we bunny proof these so she can't get under? Everytime she gets under there shes either trying to chew off the under part of the chair, or getting some of the carpet from under the table.

I have a big square wooden table. I could put cardboard under it I guess. Any other ideas?

Blocking is one option - another is to provide something like a folding Marshall pen (i know i keep recommending these but i don't work for Marshall, :) they are just great items, you can clip 2 or more together & they can also be staked down outside with a roof.

Ok so how about bun proofing the under the table and under the chair?? Should I see if hubby will let me take the legs off table? then what about under the chair?

I let her run around the living room, she has access to living room, kitchen and another living room. But the above mentioned is where I'm most concerned.

Could I put double stickie tape under the rocker so she won't like going under there?

In areas where we want to protect the carpet from bunnies we use pool carpeting, which you can get at home improvement centers for really cheap ($3 a foot, and it's 6 ft wide). It comes in a bunch of different colours to blend in with whatever colour scheme you've got going on, and it doesn't have fibers that the bunnies can rip up and eat. Any spills can also be wiped right off it.

For your table legs I would recommend bitter apple spray or Fooey, both of which rabbits hate. I don't really understand what you mean by the 'underside' of your rocker though. Do you mean the wood structure itself or some sort of fabric bottom?
Could you find an online picture of something similar to your chair?

For any non-porous surface, bitter apple, bitter lime or Fooey works really well. If your bunnies are attacking the fabric underside of the chair (if it has one), then I would suggest covering it with some sort of plastic. If you cannot immediately see the fabric that your rabbits are eating (again, assuming that they are), you can go to Joann fabrics or some other similar place and get clear, flexible vinyl and staple it over the fabric they enjoy chewing.

its a "leather" rocker recliner. The under part has those spring looking things with black thin fabric. I'm not sure what it's called.

She's always going under the table and stuff. I was wondering if I should just take the legs off then she couldn't get under there .lol.

I've tried that spray with my other bunnies, and it didn't work. I may also try putting carpet protectors under there maybe, But I will look for the pool carpet.

don't underestimate chewy bunnies lol. My last one sunk his teeth into everything that you didn't think they could. lol. You know those play mats for kids? he could get his teeth onto that right in the middle. lol. As well as indoor outdoor carpets. some fo the fibers could stick out a lil bit and he will pull. lol. He was a chewer that one!

Heh, I understand. :D Our bunnies have bitten a ridge off of our baseboards for a couple of feet here and there... The bitter apple has worked for us, but I guess it's different for every bunny.

Latest posts

Back