Bunny proofing my room

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephiemarie78

Reaction score
Leia's Cage is in our Florida Room but with summer coming up it can get hot in Florida I want to move her inside and I miss being near her when I'm home. So I'm working to get my bedroom ready for her. Looking for feedback of the not obvious things that I might not think of aside from protecting cords.

So far I've take off my dust ruffle and cleared out under the bed. Moved anything in her reach that was important and blocked computer wires with grids.

If you think you've covered the basics like cords and computer desk, then I would give it a try and monitor her. Keep an eagle eye on her and see if there is anything she's getting into that could potentially be dangerous.

Watch her under the bed because some bunnies will like to pull the cover off the bottom of the box spring and make a fort up in the box spring.

-Dawn

I find the best thing, after blocking off cords, is to let the bunny out and see what happens. Some buns are extremely good and won't go after furniture, won't pee under beds, etc. Others are just looking for trouble! I just try to pick everything up off the floor - if it's on the floor, it is a bunny toy, so I can't blame my guy if he chews it. You'll also need to find out if she's a bed peer or if she puts holes in the sheets. Some bunnies don't even jump up on beds while others wreak havoc on beds.

Will she be free range in your room? I think that also takes a little more careful bun proofing. If she'll just have a few hours of run time while you're around, there's less chance she'll really destroy anything before you're able to come in and stop her.

Yea I will either bring her hutch or block an area off when i'm not home. I did think about putting my bed on the floor. I'll just have to watch her like a hawk for a few days. She really has good litter habits. She does like to chew.

it went very good lastnight, she woke me just a few times but i'm not surprised. i'm a light sleeper with the cpap.

25454_341874126580_644686580_4193676_6079204_n.jpg

25454_341874186580_644686580_4193677_7466272_n.jpg

25454_341874311580_644686580_4193679_4444537_n.jpg

Back