Bunny private area...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooly_queen

Reaction score
The littlest bunny in my litter (born April 14th) has always has a dirty private area. Always very pee stained and the others are very clean. So I flipped her over yesterday and checked out her (I think it's a her anyway) and her little privates were puffy on the inside. Today though I checked again, still dirty but less puffy and i cold actually see that it could be a girl. Before i couldn't tell because i couldn't see it from being so imflamed.... I have no idea what it is and I am have been soaking her little bum in water to rinse away the pee, but do you think it burns? Looks like it would. :( I feel kinda bad....any idea of what it could be?

A better way to clean this is with baby cornstarch. I'm having a hard time understanding what you are describing, so a picture might help. It sounds like she may have urine scald or infected skin from being irritated by urine.

Could it be this? :

Hutch Burn:

Hutch Burn is an Inflammation that occurs in the vent/anal area of a rabbit. It can be caused from sitting on a dirty cage floor or resting board or from dribbling urine. To treat Hutch burn you will need to clean and dis-infect the cage alot! You can apply an over the counter antibiotic cream to the area. You may also need to shave some of the fur untill the rabbit heals.

I blew the hair away and cleaned her up and her "vent" (the word I couldn't remember to describe it) was inflamed. It looked funny to me so I lightly pressed on it and it was very swollen. I could try to get a picture, but could it be what I wrote above?

that's what it could be
You can put neosporin ointment and/ diaper rash creme (not zinc oxide if the rabbit will ingest it )
keep the area very clean and the rabbit"s surroundings very clean
it really isn't normal for the baby to have this and there must other issues going on

Iwoud suggest having this bun seen by a vet that knows how to treat rabbit illnesses.to rule out other issues

I would be concerned that the baby has incontinence or mobility issues if she's peeing on herself constantly, so a vet check is in order if it doesn't go away. I guess I just consider hutch burn to be the same thing as urine scald.

Latest posts

Back