Bunny poo doesn't look right.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alley

Reaction score
Sorry to bother everyone again, but mypregnant rabbits poo doesn't look right, instead of being in littlepellets, it looks more like cat poo. Except if you look close it'slittle wet pellets all stuck togther. I haven't changed her diet at allshe's getting pellets and hay and she had piece of an apple yesterdayand I've never had this problem before. (I did switch hay for her nestbecause the store was out) any suggestions on what could be up?

Hello,

Is it still the same color? Is it maybe runny or fowl in any sort ofway or is it still in the "ball" shape? Sometimes they do have themthat sort of "stick" together... but not all of them should be thatway.

Kat

It's still the normal colour, but there is more than one large clump of them all stuck togther, and it's not as dry.

It is alfalfa thank you, should I take it out of the cage? right now it's in her nest box but she eats it.

I would go ahead and take it out and putthe Timothy back in. I would just watch her and I'm sure the poops willreturn to normal.

In a few days if you want to give her some alfalfa since she ispreganat mix a tiny bit into the timothy but just a little bit.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Tina

Hello there

I'm new to this but just read theproblem Alley had with her rabbit's droppings and my rabbit seems tohave the same problem (although mine isn'tpregnant).

I also feed mine alfafa hay shouldI take this out straight away? I don't have any timothy haybut I may be able to get some tomorrow if the pet shop has any (it's avery small, local shop).

Thanks

Debbie :)

Alley wrote:
Sorry to bother everyone again, but my pregnant rabbitspoo doesn't look right, instead of being in little pellets, it looksmore like cat poo. Except if you look close it's little wet pellets allstuck togther. I haven't changed her diet at all she's getting pelletsand hay and she had piece of an apple yesterday and I've never had thisproblem before. (I did switch hay for her nest because the store wasout) any suggestions on what could be up?

exactly the same thing happened when roxy was pregnant and it wasn't anything to worry about - shes fine now!:)

Thanks for your help.

I don't have any timothy hay just now, will I still take out the alfafa hay or leave it until I get other stuff?

Debbie :)

If you have a good quality pettet forher, she will be okay for a bit. Just try and get it as soon as youcan. Hay is important to scrubbing their little systems.

Tina

Alley wrote:
Sorry to bother everyone again, but my pregnantrabbits poo doesn't look right, instead of being in little pellets, itlooks more like cat poo. Except if you look close it's little wetpellets all stuck togther. I haven't changed her diet at all she'sgetting pellets and hay and she had piece of an apple yesterday andI've never had this problem before. (I did switch hay for her nestbecause the store was out) any suggestions on what could beup?
NEVER feelyou are bothering ushon this is why we are here, ask all the questionsyou feel you needanswers too If onecant come up with ananswer others surely will .

Back