Bunny playpen/exercise pen question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxlizannaXx

Bunny Mommy
Reaction score
hey,so i am planning on bringing my bunny inside once i get her spayed and i would like to buy her an exercise pen/playpen for her to run around in but i'm not sure how high it needs to be so that she doesn't jump over it???? :panic:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H8YTJI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

i found this one that says its 42" high but is that high enough ? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same question when I got my first bunnies last summer. My exercise pen is 30" high and they have never tried to jump out (although one time when I was sitting in it holding one of my rabbits, he climbed up on my shoulder and looked like he was thinking of diving off my shoulder and out of the pen!!! Since I was right there, I just took him off my shoulder and put him down so no escaping) Anyway, some people advised me that 30" or 36" would be good so the one you are looking at that is 42" would most likely be high enough. Some people said they had some determined rabbits who would jump over anything though. If you end up having a high jumping rabbit, you could put a top on the pen which could be anything from the ones they sell for that purpose or just a sheet attached with clips. I bought some cargo netting at the fabric store to use when they are outside in the pen because we have hawks that circle around our neighborhood. That could work inside too for a jumper.

I got one of those expens for my bun kilala. They need to be at least 30 high. I like that one a lot. I used it for when my rabbits got spayed and neutered and for playtime in the living room. Its a good choice.

That is the exact xpen I bought for my two Jersey wooly girls. I really like it & it has worked well for us. I do use a flannel sheet as a cover at night.

Latest posts

Back