bunny playing in grass video!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I want to share a video I took of Rory this evening! It is his first time playing outside since the snow melted. He was so cute. I set him down and he didn't move from that spot for about 5 minutes because he was busy eating everything! Then he binkied around the yard and made trails through the tall dandelions, eating all the while. He had a lot of fun and it was very sweet to watch. Do I need to worry about him eating any of the weeds/grasses in the yard? It's all just stuff that grows naturally and hasn't been sprayed. Also, he was doing a lot of foot flicking, which I thought bunnies do when they're annoyed. What's up with that?

Anyway, here's the video of the cutie pie right after I set him down in the grass. The video took up the rest of the space on my camera, so no pictures tonight. We stayed outside for about 45 minutes. Oh and this video was taken at about 11 pm!

Such a cute video, looks like he's having a lot of fun! :D

You probably don't need to worry about the plants, the usual things like dandelions etc. are safe. Although, I'd be wary if he isn't used to it - don't allow him to eat too much yet, it might upset his tummy.

I agree with what everyone has said about the grass and dandelions. About the foot flicking, my guess would be that the grass was touching him under his belly as he moved around and he didn't like it. My rabbits try to hop over the grass because they aren't used to the feeling of it under them.

Cute video! :)

Aww, what a sweet video. Rory looked like he was having such a good time. He's such a cutie-pie.

I second what everyone said about the grasses, plants, and weeds. As long as it's not sprayed, generally everything should be okay. There are some poisonous plants, but you're pretty keen on what is and isn't acceptable - I'd just trust your gut.

As for the feet flicking, some of my bunnies do it when they're excited or happy about something. My babies especially do it. It's so funny and they look like they have such an attitude, but then they binky around and it looks to me like they're having a grand old time.

Rory seems like one happy bun to me! Why shouldn't he be? He has one fab mom!

Shiloh, that video is SO cute!:biggrin2:

You wouldn't think he was lop there though, he's so interested his ears are stood right on end most of the time! Bless :)

Mine flick their feet all the time when they're out on the garden, I'd thought along the lines of Little Bay Poo, that the grass tickles their feet or something, but I really have no idea!

Oh and you are so lucky to still have daylight that late in the evening lol! :p

Jen xx

Latest posts

Back