Bunny play habitat...what size tubes?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philodice

Reaction score
I would like to build one of these in my yard, surrounded by a fence, with grass planted around it, for my bunnies to play in. I will supervise but there must be a fence. I had chickens stolen from almost under my nose by a coyote.

http://www.mirror-pole.com/burr_owl/bur_owl1.htm
How big should the tunnel tube be for Norwegian white-black bunnies? I would like to have fun with it. Like a secret underground evil bunny lair with a bun-cave entrance and a bun-gaurd observation 'tower' for them to hop up on.

Hiya, although there are loads of great things you can do to create a fun play area outside for bunnies,:) I probably wouldn't advise underground tunnels, because if the bunny gets sick or injured, if could be very difficult to get them out, or even notice something is wrong.

You can however, get a variety of bunny tunnels in pet shops, like this or this. Cardboard boxes, pipes, toys can all go into runs for them. :)

I was planning on man-hole covers so I can get them out when play time is over (it is not going to be just burried all the way like the example) and bunny cams/periscopes so I can peek in on them. If my parents could have a nice, cool underground house so can my bunnies.

Latest posts

Back